Author Topic: Pictures of my Christmas layout  (Read 3789 times)

Offline jwh2

• Playmo Pal
Pictures of my Christmas layout
« on: December 12, 2006, 15:40:38 »
Here are some pictures of the trains I set up this Christmas. Many of my buildings are built from spare parts. I also put together a trolley from some rc parts and a 7511 passenger car it sits about a quarter inch too high and does not have any connectors to push or tow other cars. It did only take about a half hour to make though. The last picture is of the track plan I have just over 210 feet of track setup. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

J

http://web.mac.com/jwh2/iWeb/Site/Christmas%202006.html

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: Pictures of my Christmas layout
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 16:21:27 »

GREAT train layout, JWH ...

I watched the slide show that you created at mac.com. That's a nice presentation. And, a lot easier than clicking on each and every photo. Thank you for setting it up that way. It made looking at your GREAT layout a lot more enjoyable.

I'm curious what that is between (and under) the track in front of the Colorado station. Is it an uncoupler?

All the best and thanks for sharing,
Richard

Offline jwh2

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 23:29:56 »
It is probably a power connector. I made a power switch box out of some old light switches for the yard each track is electricall isolated so that trains can be parked. The light switches make it easy for my 4 year old to turn the different sections on and off. The two remote sidings use a plamobil isolating switch model 4373 I have 2 of these. I wish I had a few more if anyone has extras please let me know. Thanks for the kind review.
J

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 05:05:21 »
That's great stuff! I like the line running behind the couch, a simple tunnel effect with good access.  :)

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 07:12:52 »
Very nice indeed, and the advantage of no need to vacuum during the Christmas season. :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 01:36:50 »

Merry Christmas Everyone!