Author Topic: World War 1 plane series  (Read 442 times)

Offline Alex4420

• Playmo Enthusiast
World War 1 plane series
« on: January 04, 2024, 13:47:34 »
Pardon me if this has been suggested before, but the recent issue of set 70831 has me wondering whether PM would consider a series of WW1 planes. You would have a fantastic range of colors and styles, to include the incredibly unique Fokker Dr.I (Dreidecker, or Triplane). Considering the biplane they have molded now, it would be an easy range to produce.

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
Re: World War 1 plane series
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2024, 14:10:25 »
I made a bunch of WW1 Playmobil  scale aircraft years ago... one should be in here somewhere.  I posted a triplane here for sure. :wave

Jimbo

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024, 22:17:38 »
Just repaint the current biplane

No need to wait for something unlikely to officially get produced
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024, 17:10:05 »
I know they've edged ever closer to military stuff, but I'd say the changes of them producing this would be approximately zero. I'd say that there is a very slim change they might make a bi-plane that was in more muted colours as an 'historical' plane.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2024, 19:41:47 »
I didn't want to say zero because the culture has changed at Geobra but a war machine from Germany's militaristic past doesn't seem likely. The Prussian guy was probably pushing it too and he was a single figure.

That said, as someone not into planes, I'd still love to have a Red Baron figure and triplane and a British flyer in a sopwith camel.