Author Topic: Where is everybody?  (Read 15307 times)

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
Re: Where is everybody?
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2009, 15:49:15 »
I'm also back after several busy months at the job :wave:

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2009, 08:36:25 »
hello again everyone, finally checking in to say hi again, i have not had much time to join in lately, been working too many hours at the real medical center, and my playmocity medical center has been neglected, and the new construction projects are still in the planning stages. 

i also wanted to share two links, found while i was cruising ebay checking the victorian prices:  i noticed a posting by emma j for her chestnut vendor:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Playmobil-Mansion-Victorian-Roast-Chestnut-Seller_W0QQitemZ200408153308QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Toys_PreSchool_RL?hash=item2ea941bcdc
it is a wonderful customization.

and the second: her chocolate shop, i do not know if anyone has shared this yet, but it is absolutely mouthwatering incredible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_f-hKw3gFg
emma j, if you ever have time to read this postings, your work is wonderful.
kaethe

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2009, 10:44:12 »
hello again everyone, finally checking in to say hi again, i have not had much time to join in lately, been working too many hours at the real medical center, and my playmocity medical center has been neglected, and the new construction projects are still in the planning stages. 

i also wanted to share two links, found while i was cruising ebay checking the victorian prices:  i noticed a posting by emma j for her chestnut vendor:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Playmobil-Mansion-Victorian-Roast-Chestnut-Seller_W0QQitemZ200408153308QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Toys_PreSchool_RL?hash=item2ea941bcdc
it is a wonderful customization.

and the second: her chocolate shop, i do not know if anyone has shared this yet, but it is absolutely mouthwatering incredible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_f-hKw3gFg
emma j, if you ever have time to read this postings, your work is wonderful.
kaethe

Nice to see you back, kaethe, and those customs are indeed amazing.  Thanks for posting the links.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Janice

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2009, 01:27:53 »
Even though our computer has all kinds of anti virus and protection programs, we have been under attack by a persistent Trojan that seems to be coming from the internet.  Twice we have paid to have our computer cleaned up and we were told that the Trojan was probably coming from Facebook or Twitter.  We don't twitter and I almost never go on facebook.  After the third and last attack my husband has asked that I reduce my activities on the internet for awhile.  I was even suspicious of Playmofriends site but no one else has mentioned having a problem.  I sneak in and take a quick look every once in a while, because I miss ya all!!
Janice

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2009, 01:35:10 »
Hi Janice, Kaethe & LHAAP  :wave:

Its nice to read you again and to know you have not forgotten us  :**: Hope to see you around when your schedules or computers allow  ;)

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2009, 17:43:58 »
(Nice new "avatar", Janice! :) )

I'm ... on Twitter. I have a theory about it. I reduced my time in all the forums I'm in, "because" of twitter ... In fact, I think it's like this: twitter is the individual. You speak of yourself, for other selves. Forums are communities: we can't live without them, but it isn't all our -- er .. my -- time.

I'm in three or four forums (lemme count .. here -- playmo --, cats, Latin (language), History, chess), and I reduced my participation in all of them, because I spend most of my time on twitter. However, I realized that I deepely missed the forums, and so I came to think about it, and came out with the individual-comunity thoughts.

Odd, isn't it? 8}

:xmascheer:

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2009, 03:08:00 »
Hi Everyone Pleased to say that I'm Back! 
For the last few weeks I've been busy building Lego models - My sons said I could sell their Harry Potter Lego but unfortunately it was just loose bricks in three large crates!  After 2 weeks I'd built, photographed, then heartbreakingly pulled apart 23 sets, including 2 castles!  and together with 12 lots of minifigs I put it on ebay. I was quite proud of the achievement in finding all the bits and instructions and would have liked to raise to raise £300 to buy an ipod and dsi for the boys Christmas presents, but thought I'd probably get £200+ however it eventually raised a staggering £800!!   :o  8}  ;D  So that's where I've been for the past few weeks; building, answering questions about shipping, and packaging and posting.   By the way my husband said I'd to treat myself to something for all my hard work so I've ordered The Story of a Smile - hope it's worth while.   I've stopped by now and again but had no time to post so a few comments I should have made - To Karim, congratulations on the ending of Magic in the Air - I didn't have time to comment but it was wonderful  :wow: and to Martin I hadn't realised you'd moved, but have now read your blog and All the best for your new life in the US.
Best wishes to all   :xmascheer: -  it's good to be back  :)
Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2009, 04:31:31 »
Good to see you back Elaine  :wave:, sounds like your time was well spent! Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!  :xmascheer:

Gepetto  :rudy:

Offline reylocann

• Playmo Fanatic
  • One can never have too many cats!
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2009, 06:13:46 »
Skypurr-
I, too, spent about 3 weeks sorting through Harry Potter lego so I know exactly what you went through.  (I had all of the original sets + 6 from the second round) It was funny how each time I built a different set, different pieces would be either left over or missing.  In the end, though, I was only missing one broom and one beige barrel!!!!  It would have been nice to sell them on ebay but I gave them all to my nephew last year - who knows he may be able to pay for a semester of college if he ever decides to sell them!  I did retain one castle though and sold it for over $200 last summer  ;)

You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. - Plato

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2009, 08:15:32 »
Hi Skypurr, and welcome back!   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”