Author Topic: "Fighting For Love" music video (not mine)  (Read 1578 times)

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
"Fighting For Love" music video (not mine)
« on: November 07, 2010, 10:26:49 »
Found this on youtube..
**edit: correction** this is a music video collaboration between tech music artists Venus Hum and well-known director JJ Abrams (famous for directing TV series "Lost" and "Alias" to name a few) entitled "Fighting For Love" (I believe is the title of the song as well) using Klickies as subject material.  The tech song is freatures samples from musical themes from the TV series Alias.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqGmRTSxxlU

Interesting to note, Kip Kubin, who directed this video had one rule: none of the klickies or objects could move or be animated; only the camera could move.  So in a way it is like a still-frame silent movie of sorts, but there is movement from the camera, as oppossed to stop-motion.   I find it remarkable how "animated" it can feel without the use of stop-motion.  Well done!

Caution, the story involves a woman who has been shot by a mysterious assailant, and there are a few images of a klicky covered in what appears to be ketchup made to represent blood.  I would rate the film at about a PG13 rating because of this imagery.  However, the murder itself is more inferred than actually depicted.  Mods, feel free to delete if you deem it too graphic, though I think it is fairly tame.  I moreso wanted to share the link as the videography was well executed.  I want to try and create a video with klickies using camera movements as oppossed to stop motion as well.  Very inspiring.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 16:13:32 by BlackPearl2006 »
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: "Fighting For Love" music video (not mine)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 11:33:15 »
That was very interesting! I never saw a film with playmos with this technic. I would try it if I had a cam!
Thanx for sharing!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline henry_martini

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 13:12:13 »
Intriguing    :o.

Thanks for sharing the link.

H_M
@geobra: Thanks a lot! :-)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 15:28:20 »
That was very well done!!! Thanks for sharing!  :wave:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 17:47:17 »
Very well done indeed!!! Great technic!!! Although, I have to confess, I felt a bit strange with the concept of the story....