Author Topic: Custom knights (made with original playmobil parts)  (Read 3106 times)

Offline TableKnight

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: Custom knights (made with original playmobil parts)
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 11:02:38 »
These are really nice  :love:
Great work !
-TK

Offline Beekhuys

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2019, 14:40:55 »
Thanks, everyone! I'm also satisfied with the knights! ;)

Offline Beekhuys

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2019, 17:47:46 »
I have made 2 new figures, 1 guard and 1 lord of the castle. I have found out that the gray inlay of the fi?ures series is not very useful for the normal heads. Next time i will use just the normal white inlay again.

Offline Beekhuys

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2019, 17:49:40 »
...and the other photos.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2019, 18:38:50 »
I have made 2 new figures, 1 guard and 1 lord of the castle.

Very nice - those colors!!  :love:

I have found out that the gray inlay of the fi?ures series is not very useful for the normal heads. Next time i will use just the normal white inlay again.

I use the figures frames and heads mostly for drafts... When the klickys are final, they get "normal" heads and frames (unless the heads exist only in "figure" form)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2019, 02:39:15 »
Charming!  :)
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2019, 05:13:41 »
I have found out that the gray inlay of the fi?ures series is not very useful for the normal heads. Next time i will use just the normal white inlay again.

If you keep the triangle heads and grey frames together then it doesn't matter.  Great looking lord there.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2019, 07:59:38 »
Great looking figures! Thanks for showing.

As to the guard, small point of personal taste, if you will excuse me: I myself keep chainmail "hair" exclusively with chainmail collars. It makes no sense to wear such armour solely on the head, unless the illusion is created that the lower part of the vest is hiding under body armour. Geobra has been overdoing unaccompanied chainmail "hair" big time in their knight designs.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2019, 11:36:08 »
As to the guard, small point of personal taste, if you will excuse me: I myself keep chainmail "hair" exclusively with chainmail collars. It makes no sense to wear such armour solely on the head, unless the illusion is created that the lower part of the vest is hiding under body armour. Geobra has been overdoing unaccompanied chainmail "hair" big time in their knight designs.

Though you DO have a point, there aren't enough of those neckpieces to go around - at least here :(

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2019, 20:22:00 »
Please take a moment to appreciate the beauty of this.

Simple but brilliant, it is great PM at the top of its game: The "hair" and the neckpiece fit perfectly, constituting together a single wearable, effectively transcending the compartmentalization of PM parts (head|neck|arms|etc.) that had been the norm — head- and neckgear here are one.

I don't think the sheer brilliance of this leap forward has been sufficiently appreciated: certainly not by Geobra, where soon after its launch (2004, Knight's Empire Castle/Große Königsritterburg 3268 and associated sets, I believe), the idea was wrecked by some cretin who put the "hair" without neckpiece onto some heedless victim of flawed design.¹ It has been downhill since.²

Best wishes
StJohn

¹ A quick look at the Productarchiv yielded some specimina among the Vikings [who are beautiful, don't get me wrong!] of 2005.
² Not entirely, of course: some bold boundary-smashing can be encountered among the Stone Age figures, when shoulders meet neckpieces.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 20:27:18 by StJohn »