Author Topic: 5139 Soldiers Fort with dungeon treasure  (Read 28622 times)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
Re: 5139 Soldiers Fort with dungeon treasure
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2011, 17:24:37 »
:) i just thought on showing the bugio fortress in the middle of tagus river.
its building started at the end of the 16th century.
although by then forts were usually star-pointy it was decided to make this one round to better withstand the force of the sea waters surrounding them.
playmofrire is right when saying that round walls are stronger than flat ones.
but when ballistic science produced firearms (cannons using powder) instead of rock-throwing the round concept had to be abandoned and the sloped-walls in a star-plan were introduced.
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2011, 18:02:45 »
I really doubt that. Whatever the reason, the lack of "cross-connectivity" between sets is intentional.
Remember, the laws of physics are different in the corporate world.

I agree with Bonnie, I think they are just not paying the necessary attention. They used to have no problem but it's slipped a lot the last few years. They really should have someone in the design department whose job is to check that all new production items are properly in scale and can successfully interact with existing sets.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2011, 18:14:13 »
Yep, that would be a small bone they could throw the collector community which usually wouldn't be all that hard to do. Like in this case, they didn't have to make the fortresses fit perfectly together... just making the docks match up would have made us happy. Another good thing would be keeping the color of the sand the same on all baseplates, across all themes. that kind of thing would go a long way.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Ace

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2011, 18:16:32 »
Another good thing would be keeping the color of the sand the same on all baseplates, across all themes. that kind of thing would go a long way.

Or keeping the rocks the same color as the old fortress :prays:!
Ace :brownhair:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2011, 18:23:59 »
 :yup: Yes, that would have really helped!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2011, 18:25:27 »
I agree with Bonnie and Tim too. However, I recall the 3285 - Lagoon rock formation that would not sit too well on the lagoon... at least in my eyes... it was not easy to keep it in place and whenever the lagoon needed moving, the rock formation had to be taken apart otherwise it would fell off... the rocks on this 5139 set are very well designed imo, and no fear of falling apart... but they could make it compatible with the lighthouse or with something else...

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2011, 18:36:45 »
:(  But it didn't look like it did. Pity, I think they're pretty.

If there are 100000000000000000000000 different sizes for boxes (not to mention the stupid shapes), doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose?

Playmobil  boxes may vary in size, but there is a limited number of sizes and they all multiples of one another.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2011, 18:43:29 »
Playmobil  boxes may vary in size, but there is a limited number of sizes and they all multiples of one another.

Well, I guess I'm just too stupid to see it. Besides a LOUSY sense of direction, I also have a louse sense of space. True.  :-[

Not very handy. Long live Google Maps!

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2011, 20:22:44 »
I was disappointed with the lighthouse color... But I really like it....

for the naysayers on the whiteness of the lighthouse....

pirates theme has a special place in my heart...there is a deep connection to many things in this theme.  The Spanish Main traderoute included the Philippines (my homeland).  Tallship masts were fashioned from Bitanhol trees indiginous to the Philippines, and used for their enormously hardwood nature and strength.

AND...I simply LOVE the lighthouse as it looks EXACTLY like the lighthouses in the Philippines used by the Spanish:

So Playmobil's colours and design for this lighthouse are SPOT ON CORRECT!!!!  Very accurate!!  I suspect lighthouses of similar design can be found in all Spanish ports including those founded in the Caribbean.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 20:28:15 by BlackPearl2006 »
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2011, 20:25:19 »
for the naysayers on the whiteness of the lighthouse....

(...)

So Playmobil's colours and design for this lighthouse are SPOT ON CORRECT!!!!  Very accurate!!  I suspect lighthouses of similar design can be found in all Spanish ports including those founded in the Caribbean.
:o  :o  :o

I stand corrected. I still don't like the "execution" - it should be assembly system! ;)  But it's an awesome set, and now I will stop whining about the color  :-[