Author Topic: Boot tops?  (Read 2123 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Boot tops?
« on: September 26, 2007, 16:17:36 »
Back in the day when there was only the 1974 and 1986 leg style, Playmobil invented a leg cuff, much like the wrist cuffs that are so common, to indicate that a figure was wearing boots. I've seen them in black, red, and yellow, and they may have come in other colours. They have fallen out of favour now that there are so many leg mouldings to indicate different footwear.

I would call these boot tops, but I can't find anything under that name on the database. Does anyone know what these are called and what the part numbers are?

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Re: Boot tops?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 08:07:07 »
I think they have been also available in white for the color set (but not 100% sure about this).

I don't know if there acutally exists a known part number for these, because those are just used untill the end of the 80s because beginning of the 90s more and more different legs has been introduced. And also in case a plan was included in the 80s sets in those only e.g. building parts has been referenced, but not klickies and equipement.
Even if there would a know part number I'm rather quite sure that these parts are no longer available at direct service.

So I think it's more promissing to look after on flea markets, eBay, conventions, or probably shops selling single parts like www.klicky-town.de

Maybe a post over here in the wanted section could also be helpful  ;)

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 12:22:28 »
I cannot help you with the part numbers, but if you want some 'boot tops' i have some to spare.
There is also a version in blue.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 16:19:21 »
I cannot help you with the part numbers, but if you want some 'boot tops' i have some to spare.
There is also a version in blue.

Thanks AW, I've PM'd you.

cheers, Martin