Author Topic: 5107 - Knabstrupper Horse and 5109 - Haflinger Horse  (Read 10633 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 5107 - Knabstrupper Horse and 5109 - Haflinger Horse
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2012, 17:20:18 »
They probably doctored those pictures. A little deceptive.

Sometimes the packaging and advertising photos are taken using pre-production models and this can mean that they have been made a different way from the way the production models have been made.  If this is the case, then inconsistencies like this can arise without any meaning to deceive.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2012, 19:59:03 »
Yes, you are probably right, Gordon. An example is the US exclusive 5904 - Ranger`s vehicle and rhino. The original box front and back pictures showed the jeep having no windshield, and no holes for the windshield to fit in, and yet it did come with one. (And it looks like they eventually re-did the box art to show it.) But they would have no motive to decieve us into thinking there was not a windshield. So it was probably an early production model or something, like you said. Perhaps they toyed with the idea of cutting costs that way and then changed their minds.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline MansionBuilder

• Klicky Rob
  • Playmo Pal
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 03:21:47 »
Thanks for the pics Tim! I really love the new style.
My cowboys will love trading in some of their old horses for the new ones, especially the Haflinger!   ;)

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2012, 13:53:34 »
I've been taking a look at all of them on the .De site (I've attached the ones that aren't in this review, except for the Araber, which is in recent review), and I'd have them all ... (Different from the "Pegasus" sets, which I will have none, even if I got money to spare ...)

People are complaining about the marks on the ... (how do you call a horse's foot again?) I don't mind about them, to tell the truth. Right, no, let me not lie: I do mind, but I remember that it's playmobil: if you look at the things, it's all full of marks (look at the klicky's head, the mark to fit the hats in, and the klicky's ass ... noone has one like that; or a playmobil (pirate) row boat, it's full of things you won't find in a real one). So, it bothers a bit, I won't lie, but I think it doesn't spare the horse. So, it's too bad that there are such marks, and maybe they can be corrected for the future, but "it's okay" (lets "forgive" them, shall we? ::) ...).

And @Tim, that's a cool background there! :) Cool pictures, very nice review :thanks:
(And :thanks: @tenni too, your review was great too, specially the "evolution of playmo horses" picture ;) I enjoyed that a lot!)

Gus
:blackhair:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2012, 13:57:33 »
People are complaining about the marks on the ... (how do you call a horse's foot again?) I don't mind about them, to tell the truth. Right, no, let me not lie: I do mind, but I remember that it's playmobil: if you look at the things, it's all full of marks (look at the klicky's head, the mark to fit the hats in, and the klicky's ass ... noone has one like that; or a playmobil (pirate) row boat, it's full of things you won't find in a real one). So, it bothers a bit, I won't lie, but I think it doesn't spare the horse. So, it's too bad that there are such marks, and maybe they can be corrected for the future, but "it's okay" (lets "forgive" them, shall we? ::) ...).

The problem isn't really the mark.. Is the misleading way it wasn't on the pics.. Like I said, if they had shown the horsies with the mark from the start, nobody would notice them!

(hoof is the word you want ;) )

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2012, 14:09:46 »
Hoof, right .. thanks! ;D

I don't know, Tahra ... I think people would have seen it, and would have complained. It shows up.
But the fact is, no matter how others (not from them (design, factory, seller)) try to explain and justify the mistake, you feel deceived and, like you, a percentage of people will feel that way too. It is something they will have to correct for the near future: either taking these marks from the .. hooves ( ;) ), or making new pictures for the boxes. And maybe even officially apologizing with the customers that may have felt damaged, because it was a bad mistake as a seller ... (It does rise doubts concerning ethics , no matter what opinion ( ) people may have, and even if they "forgive" them.)
Gus

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2012, 14:22:32 »
I love the klicky [of 51o7] too. I hope I can get the set, I like the horse, I like the klicky, I like the accessories, and I even like the stall too :)

Klickies that also motivate me are the ones of 51o9 and 51-11 :)

The Klicky is also nice. I really like the boots with the side straps, I guess those would be some sort of spats
I think the technical term is gaiters.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 14:31:20 by Gustavo »
Gus

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2012, 14:30:14 »
Love the Klickies and the horses! Beautiful sets!

Tim, Thanks for another helpful review. These should sell quite well because so many young girls adore horses. Cheers!
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2012, 21:14:35 »
Great review of fantastic new sets, thank you for sharing these with us, Tim! These types of sets keeping evolving into better & better designs!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!