Author Topic: Do they inform you immediately when a part is not available?  (Read 1508 times)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Hi everyone

Today I got an email that they will process my parts order, an order I have requested via the after sale service (not via the website). Until now I only ordered parts which I knew were available, but had to be ordered via the after sale service. So I put 4 klickies on my order from the Roncalli circus sets, which I heard they might not be available separately... but like I said, today I got an email that they will process my order, so can I be sure I will get the klickies? Or is it possible they still send me an email that my order is refused or not available?

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 09:29:23 by bml87 »
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
Re: Do they inform you immediately when a part is not available?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 14:34:53 »
When they contact you for payment they will send you an invoice with all the part numbers that are being fullfilled on your order. Review this invoice and if the items you wanted appeared then you will be getting them. If they are not on this invoice it means they are discontinued or the sales rep forgot to add them, in which case you need to go back and confirm.

The individual I deal with in Canada at Playmobil just tells me out right which items are out of print and can nolonger be purchased, but we do everything via e-mail.

Sincerely,
James C. Byrne
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 15:25:01 »
Thanks for the reply James. Well, in my case they deduct the amount automaticly of my bank account, I always receive the invoice when they deliver the parts I ordered. I guess I will have to wait to figure it out? Unless others have other information? Of course I'll let you know if I received them after all :-)
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 16:30:07 »
They MIGHT contact you if certain parts are not available, at least in my experience with DS-Belgium.
But it´s been a while since I made a parts order through email or by letter, and it also depends on who is in charge of processing your order and I believe some personal at the after-sales service has meanwhile changed.
So you MIGHT only know when you receive your order, with at the end of the invoice and/or delivery note a mentioning of which parts/figures are unavailable.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 19:09:39 »
The system seems to vary depending on where you are in the world. With PM (UK) DS, I send a list of parts (I check availability on Find Spare Parts on the website, but klickies are rarely listed there, so I add those numbers in speculatively and many can be supplied) and usually get an email back with any non-available parts listed, plus a total cost. The itemised invoice comes with the parts.

The availability of klickies and klicky sub-parts seems to vary from country to country and German customers don't get such a good deal as UK customers (even though UK orders are sent to Germany to be filled!). But they don't like money at Geobra Brandstaetter!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 20:36:36 »
Thanks for all the interesting feedback, guys! I will brief you all about my experience when I received (or didn’t receive) my order! Fingers crossed!