Author Topic: 9146+9147 Figures 11  (Read 12619 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
9146+9147 Figures 11
« on: January 26, 2017, 21:53:41 »
9146+9147 Figures 11

Review up at playkingdoms.. not gonna repeat myself here...

Direct link: Figures 11

There are some great ones - and a very nice surprise... And parts wise too :)

Apparently there's been a big mess with the ice princess crowns... on the first box we opened, there were NONE. Someone on THAT site says in the TEN BOXES he opened, none had it!

I WILL contact them. We'll see how that goes.

But I think I will try to amputate a couple of those "pegs"... it does look silly with the crown, imo.

Printing is also a big issue. A couple of the pink queens have their torsos all messed up :( 

I'll add the kept ones later (when we actually decide on those :-[  )

Anyways, let me know if I missed anything...

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Re: 9146+9147 Figures 11
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 23:11:00 »
Yea! Thanks for the review!

It has been a great series. I'm running my legs off harvesting "Spartans" (I prefer Hoplite as the official designation) and Elf Archers, my personal favourites. The first clearly is most popular, so hard to get, even here. I nonetheless prefer the latter, just marvellous to combine with one's Elf Knights (the skirt  :love:). Both are utterly awesome, but so are others.

I really, really like a Klicky with their eyes closed, so very much enjoy "Sleeping Flower" - amazing that this idea wasn't put into production before! Too bad that no appropriate adult hat was produced for her, or that the hands do not match the facial tan, but small beer over all.

Peruvian is great, too. Did you notice that her wristcuffs are very, very special, as this type of this colour was only once seen before, on the falconer in 3628?

Finally, thanks for pointing out the beauty of "Ice Princess". Need to put her on my list. The lack of crowns in your batch is no coincidence - there appears to have been an error in packaging this figure, so lots of bags are missing the same part.

Thanks again and best wishes
StJohn
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 06:19:56 by StJohn »

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 23:17:42 »
Thanks for the detailed review!

My jaw dropped open at the guy with muscles. That just seems such an odd choice for Playmo.

Love the ghost butler - that tray is great.

The Hendrix torso with the chest hair and necklace is hilarious!

The steampunk guy!!! :love: :love: :love:

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 00:32:41 »
I'm still not sold on all of the males, but will still buy them as it's a lot of fun. As for the females, I'm even more in love with most of them!

Playmobil US listed the Indian female as an Inca Maiden... which the patterning might be good for. Perhaps they are listening to us and we might get Mayans and Aztecs!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 03:29:52 »
perhaps we could give those muscular spartan arms to the olympic weight lifter?

I suppose the steampunk's/elf-archer's wrist covers cant hold securely over "wristed" arms?

(Those angelic eyes are taking over as standard eyes sooner than I thought...not that they are not nicer....just klickies becoming generic toy dolls....sooner than bent arms and knees  :P )

those tasty heart thingies are white versions of those belts for hunting rifles etc snapped inside the hearts like a locket?

thanks for sharing those photos and your reviews :)

Offline indianapierre

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Draft in Dance.com
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 03:49:56 »
Thanks so much for the review! There are some lovely details in this series.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 05:25:10 »
Great review as always.  Some I really love there. Looking forward to getting them. Hopefully they will have solved the crown issue when they eventually get to us here.

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 09:04:07 »
Super to see them all close-up.  I like the idea of a jello skull!
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 09:56:57 »
Thank you :)

It has been a great series. I'm running my legs off harvesting "Spartans" (I prefer Hoplite as the official designation) and Elf Archers, my personal favourites. The first clearly is most popular, so hard to get, even here. I nonetheless prefer the latter, just marvellous to combine with one's Elf Knights (the skirt  :love:). Both are utterly awesome, but so are others.

I think she is my favorite too! That one and the ice princess feet... :love:

(...) or that the hands do not match the facial tan, but small beer over all.

You know, I had that originally in my review, but my sister pointed out that her "hands" are supposed to be part of the... stem (?) of the flower (or possibly the leaves) and so.. green.

Peruvian is great, too. Did you notice that her wristcuffs are very, very special, as this type of this colour was only once seen before, on the falconer in 3628?

I saw the comment on klickywelt...  ;D   I like yellow (as everyone knows by now, probably  :-[ ), so...

Finally, thanks for pointing out the beauty of "Ice Princess". Need to put her on my list. The lack of crowns in your batch is no coincidence - there appears to have been an error in packaging this figure, so lots of bags are missing the same part.

All the ice princesses on the second box had the crown. But it was a serious packing error, yes...

My jaw dropped open at the guy with muscles. That just seems such an odd choice for Playmo.

The problem is that it looks odd next to the chest.. and everyone else...

Love the ghost butler - that tray is great.

Yes, it is. I have doubts about keeping a second one of those for the tray!  (klicky parts, I don't think we really need a ghost butler!)

The Hendrix torso with the chest hair and necklace is hilarious!

:) But at least he is different!  Wish I could have some extra arms.. 

The steampunk guy!!! :love: :love: :love:

We both like him.. but it will be a struggle to make a friend or two for him.

Playmobil US listed the Indian female as an Inca Maiden... which the patterning might be good for. Perhaps they are listening to us and we might get Mayans and Aztecs!

May the Gods hear you!  I have seen her refered  to as latin american, south american, bolivian.. and peruvian. My quick google search came up with a peruvian costume that resembles what the klicky is wearing, so I went for that name...

perhaps we could give those muscular spartan arms to the olympic weight lifter?

There's a thought... except.... I think he has the ligher skin...

I suppose the steampunk's/elf-archer's wrist covers cant hold securely over "wristed" arms?

Not sure they will fit, since normal arms are thicker than these wristless ones, right?  And I am not willing to force these, as they are awesome and I have few.

(Those angelic eyes are taking over as standard eyes sooner than I thought...not that they are not nicer....just klickies becoming generic toy dolls....sooner than bent arms and knees  :P )

We call they fairy heads... I don't think they are nicer than the "normal" ones, just different. And I do like them, I just think there are too many in this series.

those tasty heart thingies are white versions of those belts for hunting rifles etc snapped inside the hearts like a locket?

I think so, yes.

Hopefully they will have solved the crown issue when they eventually get to us here.

Well, I saw other people with the crown too... the "packing line" must have been the crown box during a day or a shift, I suppose.

I like the idea of a jello skull!

Yes! :)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 10:57:53 »
I saw the comment on klickywelt...  ;D   

Then you may also have read our discussion of the hoplite helmet. We believe it is an adaptation of the mould of the Helmet, barbarian, cheek-guards, not an entirely new design. That would explain why the typical long cheek protection of a Corinthian helmet has been omitted. There are, however, some great custom pieces around. Too bad I only do real PM ...

Best wishes
StJohn