Author Topic: 9146+9147 Figures 11  (Read 12636 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 9146+9147 Figures 11
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 11:20:25 »
Then you may also have read our discussion of the hoplite helmet. We believe it is an adaptation of the mould of the Helmet, barbarian, cheek-guards, not an entirely new design. That would explain why the typical long cheek protection of a Corinthian helmet has been omitted. There are, however, some great custom pieces around. Too bad I only do real PM ...

Well, I thought it was just the elf helmet with a crest..  Until I saw pics in klickywelt... those pics, yes!
(my german is not enough to actually follow a discussion like that - hence my silence there)

Since I assume I was not the only one to think that, I included the compare pics in my review too.

I am not really demanding regarding historical accuracy, I suppose  :-[

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 12:53:09 »
I like the Hendrix piece a lot. I want PM to do more well known figures like that. Imagine a PM Winston Churchill or MLK.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2017, 21:17:03 »
Thank you so much for that detailed review with so many pictures. It must have taken you ages! I devoured it in a very short time span  ;D

I agree that sleeping flower lady is beyond weird and quite useless. But there are some beautiful additions too. Hendrix, indeed, and the Peruvian girl: stunning!

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2017, 00:48:09 »
In fact, how cool would Hendrix be as a museum or anniversary special like Goethe or Luther? Stuff like that could really be a wedge into the US market.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2017, 10:00:57 »
Thanks, as always, for the detailed pics! It's hard to get a good look at things from PM's photos.

:-[ I did not realize the guitarist was Hendrix. I think I'll gift him to BIL.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2017, 19:22:04 »
Thank you so much for that detailed review with so many pictures. It must have taken you ages! I devoured it in a very short time span  ;D

:-[  Yes. Doesn't help that I am lousy at pics - more than 500 on last saturday alone. Plus some missing ones sunday. AND some more tuesday before class  ::)

I agree that sleeping flower lady is beyond weird and quite useless. But there are some beautiful additions too. Hendrix, indeed, and the Peruvian girl: stunning!

Well.. my sister mostly figured the sleepy flower.  The elf and mermaid especially = :love:

The peruvian is gorgeous, but it'd be a shame to clean that skirt. I don't think I can.

In fact, how cool would Hendrix be as a museum or anniversary special like Goethe or Luther? Stuff like that could really be a wedge into the US market.

I don't find him THAT great. Then again, neither is Luther. That hat is quite bad on a medieval dude, imo. I think he'd look good as HarryPotterish something. But we are not fans, so... we won't make those.

Thanks, as always, for the detailed pics! It's hard to get a good look at things from PM's photos.

Especially the ones that show HALF the klicky  >:(

:-[ I did not realize the guitarist was Hendrix. I think I'll gift him to BIL.

Well.. officially, he is not. But..

BIL?

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2017, 19:44:24 »
:-[  Yes. Doesn't help that I am lousy at pics - more than 500 on last saturday alone.

Heh, last Saturday I also took 500 Playmo pix and ended up this week at the doctor with a "repetitive strain injury". ::sigh::  Seems like the particular height I had my photo cube at and the way I was holding my camera and the amount of time I spent spelled disaster.  AGONY!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2017, 20:22:26 »
Heh, last Saturday I also took 500 Playmo pix and ended up this week at the doctor with a "repetitive strain injury". ::sigh::  Seems like the particular height I had my photo cube at and the way I was holding my camera and the amount of time I spent spelled disaster.  AGONY!

:o  Not good at all! I hope you've recovered!

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2017, 20:37:23 »
Thanks!  No, still hurts a lot. :(  Doctor said it would be a few weeks. I learned a lesson though...

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2017, 21:13:17 »
KLICKIES KILL