Author Topic: 5950 Pirate Ship  (Read 11716 times)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
Re: 5950 Pirate Ship
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 10:39:02 »
Btw, the new English ship 5140 (release Germany & Benelux next month, rest of the world in 2012) is based on the dinghy. It just received an upperdeck, so it is smaller then this one.
:hmm: are you sure of this hadoque?
 :lens: this american 5950 maxi-dinghy looks just like the new 5140.
 :yup: if this is so the differences from the 4444-based dinghy aren't only the higher topsides and a longer bowsprit.
 ;) it seems someone up-scaled the 4444 in geobra's CAD/CAM program.
 :'( maybe this means the end of the 3860-based corsair ships.

all of the above can be referenced here - http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=4639.0
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 01:12:55 by cachalote »
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Scott

• x
  • Playmo Pal
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 13:00:48 »
Thanks for the review.

I don't like the ship one bit. Looks like a toy. I know playmobil is a toy but the older ships were much more real looking.

Offline Dove

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 19:14:11 »
Thanks for the review.

Well, let's hope they produce more versions of this one so we can get a nicer version... event if many of us, me included, will buy this one anyway - a collector is a collector !

:'( maybe this means the end of the 3860-based corsair ships.

Maybe, maybe not. After all, untill recently the mold of the original pirate brig was still in use... even if it was for fisher-pricy versions !

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 03:49:13 »
Thanks for the review. it is a bit toy-ish, I'm afraid, but at least those horrid prints all over it are just stickers and can be left off! That's good to know.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 09:28:02 »
Unfortunately the sticker will have to be removed... as they are pre-applied for "convenience"... total assembly time was about 5 minutes for the ship... ten if you are taking your time maybe...
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 10:13:18 »
Total rubbish, bad colours, awful sails, stickers are not playmobil standards . Unfortunatelly playmobil quality and aesthetics are on a downslope if you ask me and i cant see this changing easily with the inflated oil prices that are here to stay and even get worse for sure . Very nice and detailed review , i wont be buying this ship prefer some of the older ones !!!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 12:36:27 »
it is a bit toy-ish, I'm afraid, but at least those horrid prints all over it are just stickers and can be left off!

Why? Because of the colors?
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 21:01:02 »
I just think they're ugly, kind of creepy-looking. Of course, some people may like them, but I'm glad to see I could leave them off. ;D
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 09:22:49 »
Thanks for the review Baron Marshall.

I just got around to opening my set today and I must admit that this is my least favorite Playmobil ship.  It was easy to assemble, but it took a long time to take the hideous stickers off.  I noticed that the set is made in China, but the quality of all the items seems fine, except the sails are quite thin.  I wonder if they simply applied the stickers and packaged it there.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 09:30:07 »
I wonder if they simply applied the stickers and packaged it there.

That is the conclusion that I have come too, also possibly put the screws in... I definitely won't think twice about customizing this one though... the older ones I don't touch.. just because they are awesome... but the new ones are in for a rough time when I get around to it  >:D
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.