Author Topic: Kirkbean Exhibition 2011 - taster pics.  (Read 7038 times)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
Kirkbean Exhibition 2011 - taster pics.
« on: August 01, 2011, 23:18:00 »
Well, the exhibition is over for another year, all the panic and late nights are over - time now to start planning next years exhibition!  At a rough estimate we think we raised about £650 for the hall this year.

First, a very big Thank You to Damo, Gordon and Walter for all their help, it was a great weekend and wonderful to meet up with you all again, also thank you to Mark who came in to help during the week and to Verity who arrived early on Saturday to offer help and who it was great to meet for the first time.

I haven't had time to sort out photos yet, but here are just basic ones showing the exhibits, they don't really do the displays justice, but better, more detailed ones will follow later in the week when I have had time to sort them out.

First a view of the hall with part of Gordon's railway, fire and rescue theme...

Walter's Christmas display...

Damo's Safari...

Juniors dinosaur jungle...

My Victorian Street...

Western...

School...

Circus...

Pirate...

Hogwarts...

and Hogsmeade ...

Like I said, these photos don't show the scale or detail of the displays but are just something for those who can't wait to see what the exhibition was like.

More to follow...

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
Re: Kirkbean Exhibition 2011 - taster pics.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 23:29:04 »
Absolutely amazing!!!!!  :clap: :clap: :clap: I love, love, love the Hogwarts and Hogsmeade. I can't wait for more pictures!  ;D
I wish I could have been there  :(
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 00:07:21 »
The displays are wonderful, Elaine!  It is mind boggling to think of all the work and planning that went into this.  So glad that you had help from so many playmo friends.   :yup:  I have never seen the circus tents before so I was drawn to that immediately, but Hogwarts is amazing.  Love all the train setups, the school and let's face it everything!  :love:  Thanks so much for bringing us along on the ride Elaine! 
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 00:09:23 »
 :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Loved Hogwarts and Hogsmead!!! Hagrid's hut, the Shriking Shack, the Post office with the owlery, the Hogwarts' Express!!! Everything is there! Love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damo's safari and Gordon's display were also my favorites..... I hope to see more pics of the rest, but IM sure they were all amazing!
Congrats Elaine!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 03:04:39 »
Elaine:
Wow! A lovely exhibition due to the hard work of so many dedicated PMers!
Congratulations on such a fine group of creations...there was something there for everyone!
Way to go, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 06:52:20 »
Wow, that was quick, Elaine!  Do you never sleep?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Playmofool

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 07:56:48 »
Amazing pics.

Great that you succeeded in all your projects despite all that lack of rest. Looking forward to some detail pictures, especially Hogwarts and Victorian would be great  :klickywink: Thanks in advance.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 08:00:18 »
I can't believe how great it all looks  :love:
I could spend a LOT of time checking out all these diorama's  :)

So impressive how Hogwarts and Hogsmeade came to life. And I really really want to have a western street now too, it looks incredible  :D
Looking forward to have a peek inside that school.

Beautiful, what can I say? Congratulations for pulling this off  :clap:

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 16:04:44 »
looks good Elaine!

is all that yours??
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 17:48:09 »
Amazing displays!! You guys did such a wonderfull job!! I love them all!! the train looks most impressive and Hogwards is awesome!! I also like the simplicity of your backgrounds, the painted desert, the green tablecloth on the dinos!! Its so amazing!! thank you for sharing these pics with us Elaine!! and well done to all of you!!!