Author Topic: Finally ...  (Read 5946 times)

Offline Arizzo

• Playmo Fanatic
Finally ...
« on: August 01, 2006, 07:20:06 »
Hi there ...  :wave:

it took a while but in the end I arrived at this place  :)

some of you already know me from past times (at least I hope you remember me ;D) .... so this is for the ones, who don't ...

I'm aged 44, male, non-believer, married to a pastoress, no kids (so no excuses to buy playmobil  ;D ), and recently moved to the beautiful baroque city of Ludwigsburg in southern germany (a few miles north of Stuttgart).

my main interests in collecting playmobil are all things historic and adventure ... mainly pirates, knights, vikings, western, etc., but also the victorian dollhouse theme and the modern jungle and polar themes ... my collection is far from being complete and I don't collect MISB boxes in general (playmobil is too tempting to leave it sealed), nevertheless some unopened boxes have sneaked into my collection ...  ::) (I'm not dogmatic :lol: )

besides of playmobil I'm interested in roleplaying games, good books, good music, good movies, good (scotch) whisky, scotland & the rest of the UK, visiting castles, ruins and (mainly) gothic churches or other places of interest (that leaves room for many a things), history, politics, science, people ...  and ... ballroom dancing :)

the playmo-fever started a few years ago in 1996 (or so), when friends of mine gave me the green dragon as a birthday present  ::) ... but a dragon cannot stay alone, it at least needs some knights to toast them ;D ... the knights need some other knights to joust ... there is a need of beautiful maidens to watch the knights joust ... and as they all want something to eat, there is an urgent need for food and drinks, so one needs some merchants, pawns & peasants as well .... they all need to live in houses ... the knights need a castle ... the castle needs a king ... and the king needs some more knights ... some more maidens ... some more peasants ...  (it's a never ending story .... ;D ... isn't there another village behind that hill there? )

uh oh ... there is a coastline with a beach behind that hill .... so somewhen the first ship arrived, together with some pirates to plunder the shores and the .... errr ....  other ships ... those were manned with some redcoats first .... but there are also bluecoats .... and the ships need a harbor .... (I guess you know how it did continue  8})

at the moment the pirate theme is the favourite one (but this may change eventually - though - naaa - I dont think so ;D ) ... pirates simply rule  :yup: (gimme me all yer plunder ;D )

but "just" collecting is somewhat .... hm ...  boring (to me) ... so I started customizing as well ... (so far I just built new figures & buildings by swapping parts and sometimes modifying them - but no paint so far - so far, that is) ... but for customizing you need even more figures  ::)

OK ... don't laugh ... just have a look at your own playmo-career  :lol:

so ... what more ... I think you'll eventually find out ...

oh yes ... one more important thing ... I'm sometimes a bit direct and open in speech, also ironic and sometimes sarcastic - please do not feel offended by that, it is not my intention to offend someone, it is just the way I am ... :)  ;)

so then ...

what's up? which shore is next to plunder ? which course to set, capt'n ?

nice to meet you all  :wave:

and finally here is a bigger pic of my avatar ....
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 07:51:30 by Arizzo »
Cheers
Arizzo

You're off the edge of the map, mate. Here there be monsters. hehehe

Well I haven't written much lately, you say?
So what! Neither has Shakespeare!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Finally ...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 07:53:10 »
Glad you made it here, Arizzo. :wave:  It's great to see you and we look forward to finding out more!  :)9
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline pastifi

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 08:28:09 »
a warm welcome back from  8-) Greece  Arizzo  :wave:
Cheers
Panos

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 09:00:21 »
Hi Arizzo! :wave:

Really happy to see you have found the time to join us here! :D

Thanks for introducing yourself! :) I learned quite a lot about you that I didn't already know, like how you first got introduced Playmobil! 8-) I think that 'snowball effect' is difficult for adult collectors to avoid unless they have incredibly strong willpower. ;)

Have fun at PlaymoFriends, and don't forget to post pics of your customs and your collection sometime. 8-)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 14:18:37 »
Hello, Arizzo ...

And, a BIG welcome from beautiful Vancouver Island ...  :wave:

We seem to share many of the same interests, so I am looking forward to seeing a lot of you, your wit and your collection here at PF ... :)

All the best,
Richard

Offline Pete and Rob

• Playmo Pal
  • Pete & Rob
    • The Adventures of Pete & Rob
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 15:01:16 »
Hello from the South of Germany!
 8} :lol: :wave:
Excellent vibrations! Whenever, whereever!

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 18:40:25 »
Hi Arizzo,

Welcome to playmofriends.

Garry.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 19:28:02 »
Hey Arizzo,   :wave:

Welcome from Cincinnati, Ohio! 

Ben

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 15:52:23 »
Hi Sven, good to see you again :)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2006, 07:02:01 »
Hello from the South of Germany!
 8} :lol: :wave:

Hey, that's my saying ... nearly  ;) ;D

Ok, here it is: Be welcome from the South of Germany.  :wave:
(BTW, I'm working in Stuttgart and live near Göppingen)