Author Topic: 1st Specials Perfo Boxes.  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
1st Specials Perfo Boxes.
« on: September 23, 2007, 18:59:19 »
In my collection I have a couple of specials from the 1st 6 ever to be made and released in 1994. The two I have are 4502 Night Watchman and 4503 Vulture still in their sealed Perfo boxes. Normally when I get a new set MISB I open them, but I just can't open these two, these are really special, specials.

The 1st run of the new special series had a very simple way of opening the boxes by running perforations around the box front image and on the top of the box to the hanging loop. This type of packaging was stopped after the first run was made because the boxes opened to easily if they where pressed on. The boxes also only had three pink corners and the word special had a white shadow beneath it.

For those of us with any of the Playmobil collectors this info isn't new, but for those without here's 4 pictures. The 1st is of my 2 sets, the 2nd you can see the perforations on the front, the 3rd you can see the perforations on the top and the 4th is a box I have cut to give you an idea as to how they opened.

I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: 1st Specials Perfo Boxes.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 06:39:53 »
So what's the plan Garry? Just keep them in their boxes for all eternity, or sell them?

I like getting stuff MISB so i know it's all there and undamaged, but like you I open the boxes, and play with the contents.

The Nightwatchman is a figure I wish I'd got at the time; his keys on beltclip doesn't seem to reccur very often and it's perfect for a jailer figure. I got a couple of 4615 shepherds so I could create my own jailer, but I like that figure too and haven't had the heart to break one apart yet!

I'm pretty sure my Sherlock Holmes came in that style of box (because I recall the perforated packaging) but of course the box is long gone.

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 07:36:47 »
I don't collect misb, but when i would have one of the perfo boxes i would keep them intact.
You're right keep them special, don't open them (or sell them)

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 18:04:26 »
So what's the plan Garry? Just keep them in their boxes for all eternity, or sell them?

I would actually like to get the other 4 in perfo boxes and display them in one of those picture framed shadow boxes. I will never open these 2, I already have another night watchman so I display that one and the vulture is a rather plain set and isn't really a display piece out of it's box.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 21:59:29 »
I agree with you Gareth. Normally, I can hardly wait to open the boxes; but in this case, I guess I wouldn't. After all, it's the box that's special, not the Specials (in this case) ...

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.