Author Topic: Impressions from Playmobil Convention 2007 in Wolfsburg (Germany)  (Read 10917 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Impressions from Playmobil Convention 2007 in Wolfsburg (Germany)
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 20:50:25 »
I agree, Flori does an amazing job with his fire pieces.

We'll get you into fire and rescue yet, Tim. :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 21:03:18 »
I've just followed up the links in Jochen's first post and I'm speechless at some of the dioramas.  The car factory is quite unbelievable in the quantity and detail.  Macgayver's and Brubil's airport/travel theme diorama I like very much too, and the Arctic one, as well as the ones I've praised in earlier posts.  But all of the dioramas have points of interest and deserve congratulation, it's just that some appeal to your interests more than others.

I think it must be really daunting to go to something like this because of the sheer scale and range of things to see.  You really need to be able to spend days there, looking in and out so you are always fresh and ready to appreciate what comes next.  And how do you know if you've missed something!

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 16:58:06 »
I spent a long while last night closely studying all the photos too.  :)

Macgayver and Brubil did an awesome job creating Playmo representations of different countries from all around the world. I especially like the Spanish and Mexican dioramas - quite ingenious use of building elements and accessories! :love:

There's simply far too many wonderful details to mention them all. I agree with Gordon; it must be quite an overwhelming experience, being surrounded by so many fantastic displays and only having a limited amount of time to look at it all. 8}

Btw, are you a fan of “The Munsters,” macgayver? Those customs are just perfect! ;D

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 17:14:11 »
I've taken a closer look at the Playmo-Portal posts. Did you notice the water coming out of the bucket in Flori's first diorama section?
In the port scene there is a custom of a crane with the mobile crane mechanism attached to the top of a houseboat. Very interesting use.

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 02:35:55 »
I've taken a closer look at the Playmo-Portal posts. Did you notice the water coming out of the bucket in Flori's first diorama section?

Yes, I noticed it and took a personal close-up of this. It's made with hot glue. Very good idea I should keep in mind.

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 15:22:43 »
 :)
thanks for the pics and for the links little jo.
 :love:
i loved the pirate pictures, of course.
an incredible huge diorama.
i specially liked the royal navy custom ship.
 :wow:
maybe playmobil can decide to produce one.
thanks again.

:)
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2007, 18:44:53 »
I spent a long while last night closely studying all the photos too.  :)

Macgayver and Brubil did an awesome job creating Playmo representations of different countries from all around the world. I especially like the Spanish and Mexican dioramas - quite ingenious use of building elements and accessories! :love:

There's simply far too many wonderful details to mention them all. I agree with Gordon; it must be quite an overwhelming experience, being surrounded by so many fantastic displays and only having a limited amount of time to look at it all. 8}

Btw, are you a fan of “The Munsters,” macgayver? Those customs are just perfect! ;D

no not really just seemded someting fun to do  ;D
actually it started with a remote controll and a Ford T

thanks for the nice compliments ,I'll bring them over to Brubil

I just put up a link with the belgian pictures

@ Jo it was nice meeting and sharing thoughts learned a lot  ;)

greetz

One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)