Author Topic: Help with a sprue  (Read 3536 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Help with a sprue
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 19:52:15 »
Great! And I agree that this part first appeared in 1974.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline VicKlicktor

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Klick Kong
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2019, 23:23:51 »

I just looked at this thread.
I got mine in sets 4053 v1 and 4053 v2. I had left the clickies and accessories bags unopened. Yes, the shovel was already loose

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2019, 08:44:58 »
Wow! What priceless pictures, VicKlicktor! Pictures of intact sprues are very useful when trying to confirm set contents.

And your two pictures also helped me confirm the differences between versions of set 4053 which I attempted to describe here (scroll down to near the bottom of the page).

I used the names V2 and V3, based on Collector, because I guessed the contents of what the book calls V1 and V2 were the same. Looking at your pictures, I can see I made (at least) three mistakes in my description of the version differences; the later has two perbutane rings (maybe they were on the wheels in the earlier version), both versions have four ladder connectors, the earlier version has that black piece (looks like a handrail).

Do you have any pictures of the later train I could add to my website VicKlicktor? Tiermann and Playmofire kindly let me have pictures of the earlier train. The train has several differences between the earlier and later versions.

At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2019, 14:31:10 »
Following! I think my inventories for 4053 and and 4053a are a bit scrambled. This will help sort them out, I'm sure.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline VicKlicktor

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Klick Kong
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2019, 01:03:54 »

I used the names V2 and V3, based on Collector, because I guessed the contents of what the book calls V1 and V2 were the same. Looking at your pictures, I can see I made (at least) three mistakes in my description of the version differences; the later has two perbutane rings (maybe they were on the wheels in the earlier version), both versions have four ladder connectors, the earlier version has that black piece (looks like a handrail).

Do you have any pictures of the later train I could add to my website VicKlicktor?

You are right, I meant to say older and newer version, not the Collector versions for boxes.
As for that black piece, it kept me awake for a while, I concluded it is useless. One of those lovely German ladies who packed parts in the 80s must have added it by mistake.

Following! I think my inventories for 4053 and and 4053a are a bit scrambled. This will help sort them out, I'm sure.

We all are here to share so you both can use the pics you want

I just started a thread with photos of boxes:

https://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=16943.0

And some more for fun:

4053 Older

4053 Newer

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2019, 08:58:00 »
Thank you VicKlicktor! Those are great images, here and in the KK Museum topic! I am sure some of those pictures will soon appear on PlaymoDB and Playmofanatic.org!

You deserve a medal for sharing this stuff, but this is the nearest I could find: :*)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2019, 00:41:19 »
Fantastic! I'm never unemployed and the DB just gets better and better  :wave:
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!