Author Topic: I can't believe it !!  (Read 2783 times)

Offline marb2777

• Playmo Enthusiast
I can't believe it !!
« on: April 06, 2014, 00:48:44 »
I'm over the moon !!! No only I happend to find the shell station 3437 but it's also new !!! This is just crazy !!!

Everybody keeps telling me to keep it that way but honestly can't wait to put it togheter 😄 I almost cry when I saw it and I asked the seller...

Do you mind if I asked you ... Why are you selling this ?

And then she says oh I don't have use to this, my kids are too old for playmobil, my grandmother passed just recently and as Im clearing the basement I found all this boxes that I guess she got for the kids but somehow they never got to play with it....

Oic... :0o

Of course I gave her my phone number, cellphone , email... Well I almost give her my credit card ... And I have never been so happy to meet a seller 😄

And now I'm just waiting next to the phone... Please ring !!!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: I can't believe it !!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 03:23:14 »
That is really a neat find. When we started collecting playmobil I was really impressed with how a toy company had such details in such a strange daily common thing as this specific gas station. We only got them used seeing as its was old even then. Looks like you opened it. How did the stickers hold up?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 06:23:05 »
Awesome!

Just a tip: If you have a scanner, I suggest scanning the stickers before you use them, just in case anything happens to them in the years to come.

Offline marb2777

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 07:14:35 »
Thank you !!'

I am guilty I did opened it but I haven't had time to put it togheter. I am fascinated by the old sets, like you said the detail and the many parts, it seems more ... Can't even described it... Precious 😄 but it is difficult to find them in a good shape, let alone new, 😄 I love opening new sets and putting them togheter, this is just me, I will only keep a box sealed if there is an extra and I know it does affect the value but it's not like I would want to sell it.

Anyways I will post some pics when I'm done. 😄

Best regards

Offline marb2777

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 07:16:42 »
Awesome!

Just a tip: If you have a scanner, I suggest scanning the stickers before you use them, just in case anything happens to them in the years to come.

What a great idea !!! Ismene

Big Thank You !!!!! ;D

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 09:00:37 »
Oh that's such a great find marb! The stuff dreams are made of :)
This is one of the first sets my children had (we bought it new back then) and they loved it. We still have it, gathering dust somewhere.
I think you should Open the Box (anyone remember that TV series? Even older than this set!). It's really a personal choice, but for me, handling Playmobil is a big part if its attraction - the way the parts click together so precisely, for example!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 09:23:22 »
That is awesome  8-)  I love that set, can't believe you found it unopened!

Of course you're opening it, that's what I'd do ;D

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 10:21:08 »

Of course you're opening it, that's what I'd do ;D

Ditto!!!Great find!!!
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 11:47:23 »
I really like that jeep :love:

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 13:32:11 »
Awesome find and as you say to get it brand new, I remember seeing it in my very first Playmobil catalogues and it always looked like such a great set full of detail and great accessoires, hope you have loads of fun assembling it  :)