Author Topic: Anyone interested in a custom klicky swap event?  (Read 35918 times)

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
Re: Anyone interested in a custom klicky swap event?
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2007, 17:57:03 »
My klicky is on its way as well. ;D
This is fun!

Jimbo

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2007, 19:38:55 »
My klicky is on its way as well. ;D
This is fun!

Jimbo

Hello, Jimbo ...

Did you ship locally in the States, or internationally?

I shipped internationally, and was blown away by the postal charges!

All the best,
Richard

===

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2007, 22:13:44 »
Hi Richard,
I shipped internationally, and the charges were only
$1.30!!  I wonder if that means it will arrive NEXT
November ???

It probably will not be anonymous though, with all
the customs forms I had to fill out 8}

I sure hope  they don't try to get it there by horse back :hmm:

Best regards

Jimbo

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2007, 00:18:08 »

Hi Richard,
I shipped internationally, and the charges were only
$1.30!  I wonder if that means it will arrive NEXT
November ???

It probably will not be anonymous though, with all
the customs forms I had to fill out 8}

I sure hope  they don't try to get it there by horse back :hmm:

Best regards

Jimbo

$1.30? ... :o

WOW!

That's great, Jimbo!

I had to pay $30.00 postage from the United States Virgin Islands to Europe! ...  8}

Please let me know how quickly your package arrives (and how you sent it), because I know that I NEVER EVER want to "air mail" anything again from here to anywhere! ...  :'(

All the best,
Richard

====

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2007, 07:05:57 »
I mailed my package on the 7th to an undisclosed nation in Europe.

It cost me US $1.80 and I had to fill out no custom forms!  The mail clerk promised 5-10 day delivery.  I didn't completely believe her about the lack of custom forms.  But, I've mailed to Canada, Singapore, and China before without needing forms either.

Richard, the US $30 you paid probably includes the gas to get the clerk in his motor boat from the USVI to the nearest post office in Florida.   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2007, 11:16:36 »
I mailed my package on the 7th to an undisclosed nation in Europe.

It cost me US $1.80 and I had to fill out no custom forms!  The mail clerk promised 5-10 day delivery.  I didn't completely believe her about the lack of custom forms.  But, I've mailed to Canada, Singapore, and China before without needing forms either.

Richard, the US $30 you paid probably includes the gas to get the clerk in his motor boat from the USVI to the nearest post office in Florida.   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the info, Tim ...

But, for some reason it doesn't make me feel any better about the $30.00 postal charges that I had to pay ...  :'(

I've attached a photo of the postal clerk taking my mail out to the waiting mail boat. (He promised that they'll put it on an airplane as soon as they reach the mainland.)

All the best,
Richard

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2007, 00:46:45 »
That's a really good picture, Richard!

Does anybody know how international mail works? 

Does the receiving country receive a portion of the stamp proceeds from the sending country?  Does the receiving country deliver without charge, as part of a trade agreement?

And, are customs forms something that the sending country requires, or the receiving?  UK seems to require customs slips on anything leaving.  But, maybe that is because the US demands it, whereas Europe doesn't?  So I can mail to Europe without a customs form?

-Tim

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2007, 17:37:14 »
That's a really good picture, Richard!

Does anybody know how international mail works? 

Does the receiving country receive a portion of the stamp proceeds from the sending country?  Does the receiving country deliver without charge, as part of a trade agreement?

And, are customs forms something that the sending country requires, or the receiving?  UK seems to require customs slips on anything leaving.  But, maybe that is because the US demands it, whereas Europe doesn't?  So I can mail to Europe without a customs form?

-Tim

Thanks, Tim,  for your kind words about the picture I took of our Playmobil pirate postal clerk ...  8}

Sorry, I don't have a clue about how any postal system works (or doesn't work).

I do know that I went back to our island post office (armed with the information that you and Jimbo sent about postal charges).

And, they told me that the reason our postal charges from the Virgin Islands to Europe are so expensive is because we don't have a "surface mail" option ...  :'(

I guess that they are concerned that "surface mail" here in the Caribbean might get hijacked by those scurvy pirates! ... ;)

So ... it doesn't look like that there will be any wonderful Christmas presents shipped from St. Thomas to any of my friends this year! ...  :P

All the best,
Richard

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2007, 20:54:00 »
And, are customs forms something that the sending country requires, or the receiving?  UK seems to require customs slips on anything leaving. 

We have to put a customs label on anything that is sent outside of the European Union. :yup:

It's my understanding that the main requirements (regarding customs documentation) are set down by the receiving country rather than the one sending, but I think it's probably a mixture of both.

Some countries have very strict regulations regarding incoming mail. Canada, for example, insist on the sender's address being written in the top left corner of any package, rather than the reverse side. The US also prefer this, but (unlike Canada) I don't think they return as many incorrectly labelled packages to the sender. This is based on info I've picked up from chats with my local postmaster over the years.

I'm now in the habit of putting my return address on the front of all mail I send outside of the UK, just to be on the safe side. :P

I had to pay $30.00 postage from the United States Virgin Islands to Europe! ...  8}

:(o):

That's terrible!! It seems you're being heavily penalised for living in a slightly more remote area. :hmm:
Sorry you got such a bum deal with the postage. :(

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2007, 01:27:54 »
That's terrible!! It seems you're being heavily penalised for living in a slightly more remote area. :hmm:
Sorry you got such a bum deal with the postage. :(

You could call USVI slightly remote....  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: