Author Topic: 2009 new firemen  (Read 9376 times)

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
Re: 2009 new firemen
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 18:34:47 »
I'm a little confused  ???! The Picture at the presentation show has what looks to be a new fire engine with multiple compartments. Is that item supposed to be coming out later? It is not shown in the latest product picture, only the new ladder truck is displayed  :-\. ...

Not all the new sets sets are in the picture, Bill.
According to the German text, there will be three new fire engines:
  • a ladder truck
  • a command vehicle
  • a support vehicle

So, does this lift your confussion?

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 19:35:03 »
Come on Bill , those are fur cozies to keep the fire men all warm on those cold mornings  ;D

You're not right Ras  ;), in the "you're just not right" form! :lol: :lol:
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 19:39:37 »
Not all the new sets sets are in the picture, Bill.
According to the German text, there will be three new fire engines:
  • a ladder truck
  • a command vehicle
  • a support vehicle
So, does this lift your confussion?
Bogro

Thank you Bogro  :wow:!!!! It certainly does lift the confusion  <:>! Now, I really am getting excited  :woohoo:!!!

Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 11:25:31 »
The only thing i think is missing is a 2nd rear axil on the truck . That is one heavy truck and it just needs the extra wheels

In Europe it's common that ladder trucks of this size have one rear axle.
Take a look at this Danish MAN ladder truck and this Mercedes-Benz.

I'm really impressed by this truck - so wonderful :love: Can't wait to see pictures of support and command vehicles :camera:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 13:32:17 »
Well i guess we know where Playmobil got the design from . The rear axle  on the Mecedies does have dullies to make up for the lack of a second axle . Thanks for the link, those are beautiful work trucks .
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 00:28:28 »
Even though the European fire trucks are commonly outfitted with 1 rear axle with dual wheels, I'm not used to Playmobil utilizing that particular option! I am still partial to the 3525, 3781, 3879, & 3182 series Playmobil ladder trucks that have the 2 rear axle option! I am impressed with the new cab design, & roof, however being used on the future releases!

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 11:27:38 »
Thanks for pics! Great new stuff, although I not sure if I will get all the sets. The both new large vehicles look great (I think they are a must, although they are quite similiar to already existing ones apart from the new cool roof).
About the headquarter I'm unsure. For sure there are nice details like the garage and the hose tower, but I like more the old headquarter building with red roof parts. So I think I just will enhance my old building by the new cool parts.

A little bit disappointing to me the leading vehicle: I would like more the emergency doctors vehicle to be used instead -- anyway, so another oportunity for a custom car  ;D

And another "miracle" is solved: the helmets of the new theme still will be white; so no need to replace my collection of old (white) ones.

Sadly the pics are so small because the uniform seems to be quite new and different; especially I can't spot what's about the collar of the new dress  ???

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 17:51:10 »
I'm unsure about the new releases as yet.  I like the new equipment, e.g. the smoke extractor on the aerial ladder, but I'm disappointed that the roller shutter doors for the equipment lockers used on the 3880 fire engine have not been used on the new ones, just "dummy" ones which lift up.  It is detail like the 3880 roller shutters which lifts Playmobil above its rivals.  Maybe the design was too expensive, or maybe newer designers are at work and haven't the same eye for detail.

Come on Bill , those are fur cozies to keep the fire men all warm on those cold mornings  ;D

I think they are high visibility collars which some German brigades use with the newer uniforms.  I think, too, that the new uniform closely follows, may be the same as, the new Special. 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 20:04:29 »
Here's an illustration of what I think the orange "collar" on the new firemen will look like.  I couldn't quickly find an actual photo on the internet, so I've attached a scan of a Ravensburger jigsaw puzzle I have.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 20:52:32 »
I've had a look at the new pictures Andi has posted from the catalogue and I'm getting to like the new range more already!  I especially like the new "accessory" set with the hose ramps (maybe I could take some credit for those as I introduced them with my 3781 revamp some years ago - see here http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=2032.0) and the more realistic hydrant and hydrant key (see attachments below of my own custom from some years ago), and the storage on the new pump is very impressive.  (I guess the hose reel is designed to attach to the rear of it.  It will be interesting to see a rear view of the pump to see if it comes with hose reels and the ones in the other set are extras.) However, it lacks ladders so presumably there will be some additional set with ladders in some time in the future.

Whether or not I'll buy the new pump and turntable ladder will partly depend on the price.  I'm very attached to my brigade based on the 3880 fire engine, so may be I'll just upgrade those with the new equipment.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 21:03:20 by playmofire »