Author Topic: 5586 Guesthouse (add-on to Luxury Villa 5574)  (Read 7982 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
5586 Guesthouse (add-on to Luxury Villa 5574)
« on: August 05, 2014, 16:43:10 »
I've been gone for a while, and I thought I'd check out the toy store in Antwerp to see what's new.
Turns out they've already got some of the new sets from the City Life theme!  :yippee:

The actual Luxury Villa 5574 is not on the shelves yet, but the add-on Guesthouse and the pool are. I got both of them, but I passed on the 5585 'white convertible with pink seats and starlet plus tiny dog'  :)
There were also some of the new Special Plus sets. I got the electric guitar rock star and the diver with anchor. I'm super excited with all of the new treasure ;D

Here's a review of the Guesthouse 5586:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: 5586 Guesthouse (add-on to Luxury Villa 5574)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 16:53:48 »
I'm not loving the pink, but I like the design of the house. For some reason they switched to a different type of tool for those red and yellow connectors. I do NOT like the new tool. The connectors get stuck in it! Luckily I have a gazillion of the old type tools lying around  :)

This is what was inside the box upon opening:

It took a while to put it all together, thanks to the wonderful system X connector fun. But it looks pretty neat!

Meet Sonia and Patrick, who will give you a tour around their new Guesthouse  8-)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 17:04:52 »
This is Sonia. Sonia likes walking around the house in her underwear, because her dress makes it impossible to sit down. Who could blame her?

She has a skirt too, but it's a tad on the short side.

And this is Patrick, sporting a gold watch and sexy stubble, to match the luxurious Guesthouse look. I love these two!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 17:14:03 »
The furniture is scarce, but if they sleep on the couch in shifts and are prepared to live on microwaved food, they'll be fine.

Sonia says the shower works:

And she is very happy with the new high chairs. Don't they look gorgeous?

Maybe this type of glasses has been in other reviews before, but they're new to me. I love the fact that they can be held by clickies. Cheers!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 17:32:36 »
I don't like the fact that the microwave oven door doesn't have any 'glass'. Other ovens and dishwasher doors don't have that  problem.

This couch is glorious, I think (besides the pink cushions, obviously, but I've decided to accept the pinkishness since the house has that crazy popstar vibe and I imagine popstars might like a pink couch).

These are my favourite new items for this set:

« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 16:56:22 by Birdie »

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 17:40:15 »
Does anybody know what this portable fireplace type thing is modelled after? Is this an actual piece of furniture?

The house and walls allow for different arrangements, but the corner table only fits in that one protruding corner spot. I fixed it with two spare roof pieces that came in the box, so that it can stand on its own.

I think those extra roof pieces might be needed if you want to combine this Guesthouse with the Villa.
The floor tiles for the shower are a sticker, but I cut them out of the sticker sheet so I can use it wherever I like.

- "Are you happy Sonia?"

- "I think so, Patrick. Although. Aren't we in desparate need of... a stylish pool and pond combo?"

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 17:46:40 »
I bought this at Bart Smit for €59,99, which is 3 euros more than what playmobil.de is charging.
I don't think it's too pricy. It's an entire house with so many new items... I absolutely love it  :)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 19:10:33 »
Welcome back!  8-)

Thank you for the detailed review. I didn't know these were already available.

This is Sonia. Sonia likes walking around the house in her underwear, because her dress makes it impossible to sit down. Who could blame her?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

(how true  ::) )

I think the guy looks like a russian mobster. The shirt, unshaven face and the watch = meh.  (I do like the shirt though, just not the combination)

I think it too expensive, because of the colors. Would be real nice if not for the pink and green on the building. The rest I could live with (or fix!). Apart from that, I think the building is actually nice.

I LOVE that small round table, have no idea why. And the cat, of course. I need to see that smallish skirt up close and personal. Seems to have potential. I also like the basin in the lavatory, and the lamps (the one that attaches to the wall and the "pixar" desk one).

I didn't notice those new glasses before either - very nice! And interesting fireplace.

The fact that the microwave is.. open.. is VERY VERY lame. I hadn't realized that.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't know about the new systemX tool!

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 20:08:59 »
There are some very nice items in that set.  I actually very much like the pink cushions for the couch.  And I love the toilet!

Orange books, ginger/red cat, wonderful drinking glasses, corner table - all very nice.  A microwave is so welcome; shame it doesn't have a 'glass' front, but it still looks good.  And a brown doorstep (instead of blue-ish) is great.  I like the guy's shirt and hair too.

And what a brilliant idea about cutting out from the sticker sheet.  I have a some (nice) stickers that I've never used because I don't want to tie down something to one place or to one function ... and I'd never thought of doing this!

The pink thing by the cat: is it a cat toy?
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 20:16:42 »
Thanks for the great review! I can't wait to get these sets. And what a great idea to keep the shower tiles portable, I will definitely be copying you on that.

That fireplace is modeled after gel or ethanol fireplaces, like this: http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Fireplace-Accessories/Ethanol-Gel-Fireplaces This particular one is very similar: http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Fireplace-Accessories/Ethanol-Decorative-Fireplaces/Nu-Flame-Ardore-Tabletop-Ethanol-Fireplace
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.