Author Topic: 9264 Advent Calendar: Santa's Workshop  (Read 1401 times)

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
9264 Advent Calendar: Santa's Workshop
« on: October 31, 2017, 20:21:48 »
So I was the most excited about new elves.  They didn't disappoint.  There's a lot to this one. 

I had already opened it to search for Santa (who comes on day 6 by the way)

The background and instructions

The background is okay.  That folds were a little hard though, as you can tell I didn't get them all perfect

I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Re: 9264 Advent Calendar: Santa's Workshop
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 20:31:37 »
Days 1-5

I love this little fellow!

Days 6-10

Days: 11-15

Our poor little Elf Friend was busy until day 13 when he FINALLY got some help.  She's pretty.

Days 16-20: 

The Reindeer was day 16, and our other new elf friend joined in on day 17.  I think he looks like a Minion!

And a BUCKET just for Raven!

And Days 21-24

the sleigh joined us on day 24.  It's one of the prettier ones (but I still hate the stickering!)

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 20:33:50 »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 21:39:45 »
Thanks for the photos!

I love the new elves... hope we manage to get some repeats (and hats) for variety...

I find the pony sleigh.. well.. wanting.

That "wooden bike-like thing" is gorgeous too :love:

And a BUCKET just for Raven!
:lmao: :lmao:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 22:37:07 »
It's a great set and a new twist on the release schedule. This is it's first year and it is available in the US market along with last year's royal skating and jewelry store robbery sets. I got one of course and will need many more of the new elves. Hopefully they will be available from parts eventually.

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 13:21:39 »
I’ve been calling this ‘The Expensive Elves’ set – because I wanted the elves, but most other things I’ve either got already, or I didn’t want at all.  Sure, yet another bucket is my fate in life … but I don’t like Santas, and I certainly didn’t want a sleigh!

However, after a lot of changing my mind about whether or not to pay €20 really just for three elves, I eventually decided that I was going to buy this set this week.  Then I saw the shop advert: ‘Was €19.99, Now €24.99’.  What?  That’s supposed to attract me?  So I don’t have it yet – I’ll be getting it elsewhere.

It’s good to see the set in more detail in the meantime though.  I now feel much more positive about the non-elf items as well.  Another open sack will be useful, and the trestle table – and I do like the children’s buckets, and that board with paint splashes for them to stand on.  And the toy train.  And I don’t have a doll in that shade of pink; nor a light blue hobby horse.  I like the toy yacht as well.

I’m interested in that toy-delivery chute – do you think it can be used elsewhere in some way?  Or can it only be used hooked onto the background scene?
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 15:09:01 »
The slide has a small lip to hang onto the background, but as long as you could come up with someway to attach it, it could be used elsewhere. It might take some thinking outside of the box (but you’re good at that anyway Raven)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 18:27:02 »
I've never bought the advent calenders, but I might get this one - lots of the pieces look nice, and I've wanted a trestle table like that for a while (might order a couple of spares...)

Does the sleigh come with the sticker attached already? I'm also not the biggest fan of it...

Are we getting it in the UK?

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 22:41:41 »
I stopped at my local toy store today to make a Christmas lay-away payment & there were four different Playmobil Advent calendars for sale; I ended up getting this one for my calendar for this year. There are lots of little features I likke & these will be my first Christmas elves. I'm tempted to open it now, but will hold off until the proper time happens, to take daily pictures.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 01:32:24 »

Does the sleigh come with the sticker attached already?

Nope! It’s 4 stickers. 1 on each side, then one for the seat and one for the back of the seat. In a change, I managed to get the side stickers on really well... the seat ones not so much