Author Topic: 9078 Large Shop/Department Store  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
9078 Large Shop/Department Store
« on: January 27, 2017, 14:49:26 »
I decided to purchase this set after liking the other shops in this series so much. 

Like the others, it comes with stickers - in this case, two large sheets and one small sheet.  This is after the stickers were applied:

There are also stickers for the counter, but I didn't want to use those.

The sticker above the mirrored changing-room door has a slanting pink stripe at the bottom; the same colour pink as the shop walls.  Viewed from a distance, therefore, it looks as if the sticker itself is slanting, or that someone has cut a slanting piece from the bottom of it!

There are some new designs for cat and dog food.  I like the tins very much, though unfortunately only one of each is included.

(And I notice that on one of the packets, the sticker is unsticking itself already!)

I liked the way the basketball net came, with a removable piece of cardboard inside to protect it.

This is the shop set up:

The clothing department has noticeable spaces on the shelves.  I don't mind, because I have plenty more things to put on shelves, but a child might well wish there were more items, I think.

My sports section looks a bit messy, not least because I needed to trap two runaway balls, and a forever-fainting surfboard....

Here's a look at everything included:

Strangely, these bags (adults' and children's) come without shoulder straps!

Oh ... and behind the changing-room door, there is a hook for bags, and some shelves.  As you can see, though, the back in general isn't very pretty.

And finally, here's the set with the two other shops added.  It's big and, of course, one can also use all that space in the middle for further shelving, clothing displays, seating, whatever.

I'm looking forward to using all this in a shop diorama.  :D
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 9078 Large Shop/Department Store
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 19:51:30 »
There are some new designs for cat and dog food.  I like the tins very much, though unfortunately only one of each is included.

Love the cans too! I should make an order of those. I had to cheat in my xmasy dio  :-[

I liked the way the basketball net came, with a removable piece of cardboard inside to protect it.

It is nice to see them protecting some more fragile parts  :)

:o  I just saw the "sheba hair" in red! :o  WANT.  That's great!

I am still not fond of the concept (and I find some colors dreadful), but I have to admit it does look good like that - loads of playspace... Depending on what we're actually doing, might need a huge building to contain it  - oh, wait... that's just your thing! :P

Thanks for reviewing these!

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 20:22:24 »
I don't like the idea but at the same time I like the idea. It saves money to do it this way so parents aren't spending as much, but takes away some of the creativity of it because you're pretty much locked in on the design.

I will buy it though
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 00:56:56 »
Thanks for showing this one too. Happily only a few parts there is want so I can order just  those and be happy.