Author Topic: 5974 Armored Vehicle  (Read 10542 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: 5974 Armored Vehicle
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 21:08:06 »
I really like the klickies in this set. It would look great painted grey as an armored car for your bank robbery stories too.
Is the bottom of it set up to allow the use of one of the RC controls?

Chris had this same idea as we were out driving around today and saw one of those trucks!

It's not RC compatible, unfortunately
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 21:15:21 by bonniebeth »
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 08:26:41 »
Its a set that does feel like its kind of missing from the police theme though, its odd that its an exclusive. Why not just release it everywhere?  ???
Theres a swat team in the police theme after all.

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 09:13:15 »
its a nice basic car for making money tansport, gold transporter etc..

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 09:36:35 »
u know the weight of this box?

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 11:25:02 »

No, I don't.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2012, 14:18:24 »
Thanks for those pics, bb!! I love that set, it looks great!
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2012, 18:51:04 »
Thanks for the review, Bonnie.

It's the first version of this vehicle to have rear facing seats.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 05:29:03 »

647 grams
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 19:19:54 »
I just wanted to show the comparison to the old Fire SUV and the new police SUV. It is basically the same truck but with slight differences. Both roofs fit each other.

First, no rear view mirrors. I really like when a vehicle has them as it makes them look so much more life like. The new police SUV does not even have the holes for them. I may drill holes and order the mirrors to test the look out

Second, it came with no flashing light unit, to keep cost down, but the hole is there and the unit fits in just great. The units usually are white and it does not look right but I may paint the white portion black on the soon modified SUV

Third, I will find out if the two vehicle chassis can be switched around, I want an RC version and this will be the only way.

Forth, no gas hole and no opening engine compartment, I think these small details were eliminated to try and capture the US market by making a more military looking vehicle at less expensive price.

The old SUV was around $40 and this is $20. I am not too happy with these small detail omissions as that is why I love playmobil so much. If they keep loosing details is just becomes yet another cheap toy.

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 19:40:32 »
We have the same plan for putting the working light unit into the top of this vehicle. I wish they wouldn't be so cheap and just use the stickered version, but at least it's the same size hole so it's easily fixed.