Author Topic: Hello all from Seattle, USA.  (Read 4682 times)

Offline Knight Train

• Playmo Lover
  • Knight in Training
Hello all from Seattle, USA.
« on: October 31, 2007, 04:27:13 »
After lurking in the background I emailed my 5 euro so I could finally see all the pictures  :)

And I have to say, this picture made it worth it (thanks Richard!):
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.msg12554#msg12554

I collect trains and castles, hence the user name.  I have every train set and rolling stock from 1987 on with the exception of the red sand car - 4103 and the Christmas RC train 4035.  I have the boxes for most of them, but none are still new in box, they've all been opened, decaled up, and run.

I have all the castles, but not all the medieval houses (like the bakery, blacksmith shop, etc), since my main focus is castles.  I don't have the pirates prison, which looks like a castle tower, but has a different emphasis, who knows, maybe if I find one on clearance, I'll get it  :D

Unfortunately (or fortunately for this group), my collection also consists of a smattering of everything else - two 5300 doll houses, two colorado stations (in fact all the train stations, including the system-x ones), MacClaren's goldmine (hey, it's got a train in the mine  ;)), a couple of pirate ships (my older daughter is a big pirate fan), the romani circus 3720 (and LGB circus train since playmobil never did make a circus train other than a 1-2-3 one), bunch of western buildings - they go with the western trains.  And some construction stuff, like the m-a-n crane - 4210 (goes with the m-a-n rail car 4109), mobile crane truck - 3761 (one good crane deserves another), and of course, the western frieght terminal and a couple of forklifts.  And then the sunset truck to hold containers that fit on the flatbed cars.  And lastly, lots of Christmas themed stuff.

- Knight Train

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: Hello all from Seattle, USA.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 08:02:13 »
Welcome to Playmofriends Knight Train!

I'm into castles too, though only recently, but will enjoy your input on our discussions on Medieval themes!

cheers, Martin

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 08:32:17 »
Welcome from the UK. :)  You have a great collection there.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 16:49:54 »

Hello, Knight Train ...  :wave:

And, a BIG welcome from the beautiful island of St. Thomas in the warm and sunny United States Virgin Islands!

After lurking in the background I emailed my 5 euro so I could finally see all the pictures  :)

And I have to say, this picture made it worth it (thanks Richard!):
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.msg12554#msg12554

- Knight Train

Are you talking about this picture?

(if so ... Thank you!) ...  :-[

However, the wonderful scans of the old Playmobil train catalogue were posted by Jean Luc!

I see that you are from the the "Emerald City" of Seattle in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

As you may already know, our summer home is on Vancouver Island (the other VI), which almost makes us neighbors. Maybe we can say hello next summer?

In the meantime have fun here at PF (and also over at GW-PC)!

All the best and Happy Halloween,
Richard

Offline Knight Train

• Playmo Lover
  • Knight in Training
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 17:44:50 »
Richard, that's the picture I was referring to.  I do have the USA version of the german train catalog.  Here's a picture of the cover (maybe, first time trying to post a picture):
If anyone would like a scan of it, I can email it to you, it's 20 pages and about 8 megabytes in a zip file.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 00:11:55 »
Hello and welcome from Scotland! :wave:

It's lovely to meet you here at PlaymoFriends. :)

That pic showing (some of?) Richard's train collection certainly is a jaw-dropper. ;)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 07:24:46 »
Be welcome from the Southg of Germany  :wave:

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 09:37:07 »
Hi Knight Train

Sounds like you have a great collection.  I'm also into castles. 

I lived in Tacoma in the mid-1990s and used to go to Seattle on weekends.  I miss the Washington scenery, but not the traffic.  I did a lot of camping in Yakima Valley (don't ask) and was surprised to see the Aurora Borealis.  It isn't multi-colored from Yakima, but shimmering blue.

But, as for those trains:
Playmobil's old train collection is amazing.  It is tragic to contemplate that stuff is simply off the market now.

-Tim

Offline Arizzo

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 01:44:59 »
Hi and welcome from southern germany, Knight Train ...  :wave:

(cannot say more now - I am currently trying to regain consciousness after having seen Richards "Corner" of the trainroom .... :o :o :o )
Cheers
Arizzo

You're off the edge of the map, mate. Here there be monsters. hehehe

Well I haven't written much lately, you say?
So what! Neither has Shakespeare!

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 08:45:49 »
Hello Knight Train

Welcome to Playmofriends from the West Midlands, England. I hope you enjoy your stay here !!

Tim

(28/5/03/850)