Author Topic: Geobra's lawyers act against selling klicky-parts on ebay (?)  (Read 18808 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: Geobra's lawyers act against selling klicky-parts on ebay (?)
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 03:28:49 »
I'd like to hear more details of what was in the letters

Not sure we'll get to know that. Sofar the whole matter was only mentioned very briefly on the German forum, and I don't know if it will get further discussed, and I doubt the concerned sellers will talk about it.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 04:03:53 »
Not sure we'll get to know that. Sofar the whole matter was only mentioned very briefly on the German forum, and I don't know if it will get further discussed, and I doubt the concerned sellers will talk about it.

Than maybe we could ask Geobra. Richard is our liaison so maybe he could get an answer as to what went down  :lens:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 07:40:16 »
Than maybe we could ask Geobra. Richard is our liaison so maybe he could get an answer as to what went down  :lens:

one reason is that people buying cheap sets and selling parts for much profit. iam pretty sure thats the main issue with geobra. they trying to stop the ebay selling due very high prices etc. i think thats a company image propblem. i think aswell, when they start to sell body parts at the DS to fair prices ( legs 25 cents, arms 10 cents etc) ebay would die out and they won, but aslong this not happend, they will waste time and money on those crap which actually is damaging their image badly...

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 08:27:43 »
one reason is that people buying cheap sets and selling parts for much profit. iam pretty sure thats the main issue with geobra. they trying to stop the ebay selling due very high prices etc. i think thats a company image propblem. i think aswell, when they start to sell body parts at the DS to fair prices ( legs 25 cents, arms 10 cents etc) ebay would die out and they won, but aslong this not happend, they will waste time and money on those crap which actually is damaging their image badly...

It's the customers who help set the high proces by paying them or bidding them up and as these are independent sellers, then it can hardly affect Geobra's image.  I think, too, that if Geobra started selling parts of klickies through DS they would soon find that an expensive mistake as they are toy makers and not toy spare part sellers.  In addition, buying parts of things is always expensive, as with cars.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 10:06:05 »
well, i understand geobra to go against buisness seller on ebay. i dont think they going again collector who sometimes selling some spare parts. or do they?

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 11:33:28 »
Hi. I think it's because klickies are not supposed to be dismantled as they're designed for young children. That or the parts are stolen.
A.
Life in the so called space age...

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 12:14:50 »
Hi. I think it's because klickies are not supposed to be dismantled as they're designed for young children. That or the parts are stolen.
A.

That may be the case but they are releasing the mystery packs soon which if I understand correctly come dismantled.  Maybe Geobra is trying to get ahead of this now because you know some people will buying these by the box (if allowed) and these parts will be all over ebay.  Just speculation on an interesting topic.

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2011, 12:31:20 »
Yeah. I Heard they'd come dismantled. I have to see that with my own eyes.
A.
Life in the so called space age...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2011, 15:26:56 »
A most interesting thread... I have never sold a single playmobil, if anything. But I too wonder if I need sometime to sell something how will I be sure from crossing that line. Still, since its my playmobil and I legitimately payed for it the I believe I have the right to resell it.

Ordering parts from DS is a lot cheaper thats for sure... but in big quantities...  :-\

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2011, 15:34:43 »
those sellers must be making millions and millions of euros by selling those pieces on ebay :lol:

and remember: body parts trafficking = illegal bussiness :P
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock: