Author Topic: Wanted: instructions for exclusive sets, not on official site  (Read 7657 times)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
There are a few sets released only to merchants or by some other marketing method, whose instructions have not shown up on the official site. If anyone has them, please send me scans so I may inventory the sets! Here's the list.
PlaymoDB List - Exclusive sets 2017-2018 missing instructions

As always, promotional sets and give-aways are not likely to have instructions, but I'd like to have confirmation of that, and scans of any inserts that might come with them. I've discovered part-numbers for leaflets for some of the Greek Gods - anyone have any more info?
PlaymoDB Sets By Theme - Gift Series, Promotional / Focus - Klickies

PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Re: Wanted: instructions for exclusive sets, not on official site
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 15:35:48 »
Hi Heather!
Unfortunately I can't help with any of these items (though I really wish I had 9451 Museum Robbery!)  but I was wondering about your mention of part numbers for leaflets.  I have many old leaflets (long separated from their original sets.)  Is there any info I can give you from those old leaflets that would be of use to you? 
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 19:48:17 »
Hi Heather, your list is missing 9534 to 9537 the other German Red Cross sets.
Also maybe 9519 and 9520 the Greek Play and Give sets, do those have instructions this time?

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 21:34:48 »
Hi Heather!
Unfortunately I can't help with any of these items (though I really wish I had 9451 Museum Robbery!)  but I was wondering about your mention of part numbers for leaflets.  I have many old leaflets (long separated from their original sets.)  Is there any info I can give you from those old leaflets that would be of use to you?
Thanks anyway, Anne. (I know, re: Museum Robbery, looks great!) If it's catalogues you have, I can always use scans of old catalogues. I do have a bunch entered - see the Paper-Catalogues category - but I'm not allowed to publish the whole item, so I'm making thumbnails of the covers, and slowly (very slowly) making lists of the sets that appear in each, such as PlaymoDB Sets listed in "Folded sheet 2006 (Romans)". With enough of this kind of data, we can track when and where sets were issued and re-issued.

Other leaflets: like what? Instructions? Check the set to see if I have them, and if it's the same part number you have. Other things? promo sheets, posters, merchandise of some sort? Hard to place in the DB, but I bet people would still like to see them.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 21:36:43 »
Hi Heather, your list is missing 9534 to 9537 the other German Red Cross sets.
Also maybe 9519 and 9520 the Greek Play and Give sets, do those have instructions this time?

Thanks Tim - yes, info needed here as well!
PlaymoDB List - Red Cross Sets 2018
http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/your_set_list.pl?setlist=9519,9520;title=Play%20and%20Give%202018

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 21:56:41 »

Other leaflets: like what? Instructions? Check the set to see if I have them, and if it's the same part number you have. Other things? promo sheets, posters, merchandise of some sort? Hard to place in the DB, but I bet people would still like to see them.

I didn't realize Playmodb had such an extensive numbered list of catalogs and the like. :love:  What I was thinking of were the mini-catalogs that come with many sets, so now I can check your list to see what you already have.  I do also have a lot of old full-size catalogs and misc. odds and ends (I seem never to throw anything away  ::) )  I'll check as soon as possible.  :)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 22:13:13 »
I didn't realize Playmodb had such an extensive numbered list of catalogs and the like. :love:  What I was thinking of were the mini-catalogs that come with many sets, so now I can check your list to see what you already have.  I do also have a lot of old full-size catalogs and misc. odds and ends (I seem never to throw anything away  ::) )  I'll check as soon as possible.  :)

Fantastic! I do have more in my own queue waiting to be scanned, so I'll get at that so we don't duplicate efforts. I may have a cover but no inside info, though, so a big parts-list of what you have would be great.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 07:01:43 »
The second batch of Greek gods had little info cards. I found Artemis'. I assume Demeter's and Hermes' are lurking, somewhere.

I'm in the middle of a mass reorganization. I haven't quite gotten to the Playmobil yet, but this may entail chucking some of the paper goods. So keep us informed on what you need (for the lists you posted, I just have the second Greek gods batch).

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 15:27:11 »
The second batch of Greek gods had little info cards. I found Artemis'. I assume Demeter's and Hermes' are lurking, somewhere.

I'm in the middle of a mass reorganization. I haven't quite gotten to the Playmobil yet, but this may entail chucking some of the paper goods. So keep us informed on what you need (for the lists you posted, I just have the second Greek gods batch).

Got the cards for the first batch of Greek gods - they were on the Playmobil Greece Facebook site! I won't reproduce them except as thumbnail, but you can look for yourself. https://www.facebook.com/pg/PlaymobilHellas/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1850717851606146

Boxes...

Zeus and Athena have "Play and Give" boxes and "History" boxes - I wonder if the inserts are different. If you have the boxes, Ismene, please send me the partnumber of the box (found near the copyright date) - that'll help tell when the different boxes were in production.

Actually, snaps of that section of any boxes would be good - the code there (AFS, PW, etc) is common among dimensions and style of box, so I can figure that out too! I confess I've taken a lot of pics in stores :) and those plus my own, are here: PlaymoDB Part Categories - Support (Packaging). At the moment they don't link back to the sets where they came from - that would add them to the main inventory for a set and throw my count off. But I'll see what I can do to fix that, make it more useful.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 02:53:01 »
My Zeus and Athena are Play + Give. There's a 14.5 by 21 cm fold out mini poster picturing Zeus and Athena that I assume came with them, instead of the info cards (at least I haven't found any info cards for Zeus and Athena).

Assuming I've found the right number, the box numbers are 30916504/PE (Athena) and 30916494/PE (Zeus). It's too dark right now to take pictures, so I'll try to do those another day.