Author Topic: 4861 Woman in Hammock  (Read 3578 times)

Offline cardensb

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Custom Blackbeard
4861 Woman in Hammock
« on: January 10, 2012, 04:12:03 »
My first 2012 order arrived tonight and I decided to review the Woman in Hammock set first.
The set contained a few a decorative items like the four piece potted plant, a small table, a book with a few dishes.  This is my first time taking an interest in the Vacation Theme so I actually picked up the Beach family (6224) and the 4695 Vacationer sets too.

4861's klicky has removable sunglasses and a rubber material for her sandals.  The bikini is decorated with bright colors that would catch an eye while at the beach.  The hammock set is neat.  I was surprised to find a felt material towel included.  I had not noticed it in the pictures online.  If I was planning to do  diorama of the interior of a sailing ship that fit the pirate theme, the hammock would be a good start for doing a sleeping area if it were covered to make it appear like a length of cloth not a net.

I have scanned the instructions and sticker for the book and will send them to Playmodb.

Shawn
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Offline cardensb

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Custom Blackbeard
Re: 4861 Woman in Hammock
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 04:19:58 »
and now I feel dumb.  I went to the database and this set has been available for a while.  I probably should have reviewed the beach family with new speedo dad.
Shawn
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 04:23:43 »
Shawn,
Multiple reviews are just fine! And we learn something from every review.
You bought some great sets and will be able to enjoy that much needed vacation very soon!
Glad you got a beach family, too. Now you can help cheng with his speedodad series! 8-)
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 04:23:56 »
Ah, don't feel dumb. I might make the same mistake with a pirate set! And besides, it hadn't been reviewed yet, so it wasn't a wasted effort.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline MansionBuilder

• Klicky Rob
  • Playmo Pal
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 06:15:29 »
Hi Shawn!

Thanks for the pics! I have wanted to buy some of these sets for a while, Good to see the pieces individually now. The hammocks will be loved by some of my cowboys!  :D

Rob

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 09:19:31 »
I love that set... ok I love the klicky   :love: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can use it with various photostories... pirates, vikings, modern... just a few ideas

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 20:36:12 »
I use the hammock in various exhibits in my zoo, pandas, various primates, stuff like that.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 23:00:39 »
I love this set! The hammock is so versatile - can be used in a public beach scene, or with the summer house set in a cottage theme.
Thanks for the review! :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 00:07:10 »
You can never have too many reviews in my opinion. There are many individual perspectives on every set and they are all interesting. Thanks for the review!
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline cardensb

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Custom Blackbeard
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 01:49:32 »
Well I am glad my efforts were good for something.  Thanks all.
Shawn
Fayetteville, NC, USA