Author Topic: Animobil Seeking Custom Animals  (Read 14345 times)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Re: Animobil Seeking Custom Animals
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2006, 20:25:39 »
I'm sorry it didn't arrive before the weekend... quite odd because I posted it on Tuesday (or was it Wednesday?) and it's only a small envelope. :(
At least you had plenty of other projects to keep you occupied while you were waiting. ;)

Don't mind. It's not urgent  :)
(Maybe the reason might be, that we had on Thursday a holiday in Germany ... or parts of Germany ...)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2006, 20:21:54 »
Here we are: the Wicked Witch of the West with two flying apes ( ^-^ ok, only one is flying  ;D).

(For those that do not know or not remember who this was, try a search at Google images for wicked witch of the west and you will get a lot of samples  ;D)

So, Tim, I tried to add the flying counterpart to your idea of the winged monkey. From the front I'm quite satisfied with the result, but from the back I didn't managed to make the wings look that smooth integrated to the body like you did. For the variant with the folded wings, I didn't seperated the wings at all: I just removed the clipping parts and then heated the middle so that I could spread the wings in that way that they fit to the back of the monkey. (I wonder how you did the scaly looking middle part of the monkey's back) -- The spread wings variant are just two separated wings tried to fit smoothly to the ape's back (fixed with instant glue).

The Witch is made from the nun special (I really like this set -- it's that universally and I must admit, that I used it quite often in my work ... should catch up for some additional ones), the hat from the midnight witch and the cape also from the nun special; it was heated and transformed a little bit so that it looks like more flattery ... oh, and make a gues where the broom is from  ;D

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2006, 20:29:49 »
Ok, I must admit that's not very clever talking about the back view and not showing it, so here it is.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2006, 20:39:56 »
Oh, yes! That's her, for sure. :D  Only she looks a little friendlier because she is smiling. ;)
Did you paint the hands or work out a way to swap them from another figure? I like the way you altered the cloak - very effective. :yup:
Don't recognise the broom though. It's not Playmo, is it?

The flying monkeys are cool too. 8-)
I think the back looks good considering the parts you have to work with.

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2006, 20:49:18 »
Oh, yes! That's her, for sure. :D  Only she looks a little friendlier because she is smiling. ;)

Yes, maybe I should add the angry eyebrows.  >:(

Did you paint the hands or work out a way to swap them from another figure?

No, they are painted with the same color as I painted the head.

Don't recognise the broom though. It's not Playmo, is it?

Right, it's a non-PM item.  :yup:

The flying monkeys are cool too. 8-)
I think the back looks good considering the parts you have to work with.

:-\ Hmm, I don't know. I think Tim had managed better with the material. As I said: from the front I'm satisfied, but the back is not as good as I would like.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2006, 20:54:47 »
Yes, maybe I should add the angry eyebrows.  >:(

It might make her look more wicked. ;)

Hmm... is the broom from a Sylvanian Family set perhaps?

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2006, 05:10:58 »
It might make her look more wicked. ;)

Hmm... is the broom from a Sylvanian Family set perhaps?

No, it's from a Lego animal series (to be honest I do not know how they are called; I found them recently beneath our old toys; they are larger than the current Lego figures, but same principle and they do have different animal heads ... a sheep, a fox, a dog, a cat ...)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2006, 07:37:45 »
Ah... I know the ones you mean.  :yup:
Our older kids had a couple of sets when they were little. "Lucy Lamb" was one of the characters.
I couldn't remember the name of the series either, so I looked it up - Fabuland. :)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2006, 18:04:08 »
They all look great Jochen. To do the wings on my monkey I just took the vulture wings and sanded away the front part until it fit the monkey's back. I didn't cut out the center section but left it there. They look great though. I will get these added to Animobil next update.
I have a couple of other additions to make. There are in fact two versions of the hippo, one older and one newer. Also there are two versions of the new style lamb and sheep. I am aware of only one part number for each of those though.

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2006, 19:26:21 »
Ah... I know the ones you mean.  :yup:
Our older kids had a couple of sets when they were little. "Lucy Lamb" was one of the characters.
I couldn't remember the name of the series either, so I looked it up - Fabuland. :)

Yes  :D You're absolutely right. And yes, I also had the Lucy lamb ... hm, not acutally me -- although I would have liked this as an animal friend -- but I think it was from my brother or sister -- anyway, I found that stuff when I was crawling around at my parents attick looking for some Playmobil stuff.

They all look great Jochen. To do the wings on my monkey I just took the vulture wings and sanded away the front part until it fit the monkey's back. I didn't cut out the center section but left it there. They look great though.

Uh, never thought of doing so with the unspread one. Looks really good. I should look out for a spare one to check this out.

Hm, with the spread one I actually tried but the arch of the vulture's back didn't match well to the monkey back, so I cut of the middle part.

I have a couple of other additions to make. There are in fact two versions of the hippo, one older and one newer. Also there are two versions of the new style lamb and sheep. I am aware of only one part number for each of those though.

Yes. Didn't noticed that you only have one at your site. The older hippo has an open tummy, the new a closed one. -- Oh, the different lamb styles I hadn't noticed so far. Should have a look at those that I have. BTW, what's the difference of them?