Author Topic: My customised Playmobil mostly Victorian  (Read 18374 times)

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
Re: My customised Playmobil mostly Victorian
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 06:09:32 »
The Sherlock Holmes and Dr Who story was absolutely brilliant!   :wow: :wow: :wow:  kaethe told me about it knowing I am a big Dr Who fan.  I love the Daleks!  And K9!  So were the soldiers a precursor to UNIT?
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 09:46:46 »
Bonjour Mademoiselle Emma  :wave:

You truly are an inspiration and your vivid and playful imagination only equals your creativity :yup: !!!

Your story is captivating and I love your custom of the Great Room's conservatory windows.

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Karim ;)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 10:18:12 »
Good Morning All  :wave:

I started the Dr Who video about 10.30am yesterday and by the time I'd uploaded it to You Tube (50Min's!) then added the link on here I didn't' manage to go to bed till 2.20am!  :o

I'm glad every one seams to like it, I got a great email from my friend Molly Kay who I did this for, she's as us Brits would say tickled pink.

:) I might have to do another one maybe not with Dr Who unless I can come up with a good story. The hard bit was trying to find a way to defeat the Daleks - Ray guns next time  :lol:

It will have to be more adventures of Sherlock Holmes although Molly Kay asked if I could do Poirot next  :-\

This is why I have no time to post pics in my album  :-[

I don't know how you guys manage to set up such great dioramas at shows it takes me far to long.  :wow:

Em.
Improvise, adapt, overcome ..... If all else fails FAKE IT!

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 14:10:21 »
Emma,

Sorry I didn't see this before. Your scenes are amazing and details are unbelievable. I must say, I'm not that into the Victorian theme... but so far this morning I have watched all of your videos on youtube. They're awsome.

- Ben

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 22:56:31 »
Hi  :wave:

Just a small pick of my latest room setting. I wanted to a games room for a mansion. I've been asked how I come up with the scenes I do so here's a quick sort of run through with what was involved with this room.

First of all the idea - it was because of your kind comments about the kitchen that I was thinking of a stately home and whats in them. They've all got games rooms.

Then comes the wallpaper - I design this myself. I thought most games rooms have wood paneling so I picked a dark colour for the bottom and I wanted a nice rich pattern above. I picked green as I was thinking of the felt used on card tables.

This in turn led to the snooker table. I admit I didn't have the time to build my own so I got a friend to make me one.

I make up just a single room so its easy to work in and later to take pictures of. So I put in the wallpaper and a matching carpet if possible. Most of my rooms have dolls house carpet in for now as its easier to get hold of, but I am working on Victorian floor tile designs.

??? I hope I'm not boring every one with this.  :hmm:

Then the fun part dressing a room. It starts with the large pieces of furniture. I try to think of a focal point or theme for a room. In this case the snooker table. I then put in round it things you'd expect to see in that sort of room. So some where nice to sit - green chairs.  A table to play cards at and of course a drinks cabinet .

Once the larger items are in I then delve around in my boxes to see what little bits and bobs would look good in there just to dress the room up.

It sounds simple   ??? So why does it take so long to do? Most of my time for a room like this is spent designing the wallpaper. Fitting up the room is not so bad .

It's the larger scenes that become alot more involved. From making boxes to perfume bottles or if theres food involved that can take a couple of days. If you look down this post to the picture of the Emporium with the lady in front of the meat counter you can see what I mean as I made all that food myself from clay. So it can take up a whole afternoon just making half a dozen ham joints. But I think it helps to add those extra finishing touches to make it all look more real.

Then it's just sitting back and admiring my handywork.
So here's this weeks creation.

Improvise, adapt, overcome ..... If all else fails FAKE IT!

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 03:52:19 »
This is not boring at all, Emma, it is actually quite the opposite. I am really impressed by your rooms... Even though it all looks like original Playmobil, I know that can't be. What do you use for you extra bits like the pool table, rugs, etc?

- Ben

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 07:07:03 »
emma
again, this is incredible.  thank you for sharing your photos, and (possibly some of your techniques).  love your wallpapers, the scale, and the colors, and the pool table is sooooo great, perfect for the mansion.
kaethe

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 10:13:07 »
Hello Emma  :wave:

I agree with Kaethe that your home designed wallpapers really add an extra dimension to your dioramas.

The busy Victorian kitchen diorama is my favorite as your attention to details is second to none.

Really cannot wait to see your new project develop...the "GH" building in your creative and talented hands should turn out to be one true masterpiece ;)...

Have fun and keep enchanting us  :yup:!!!

Karim :)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 10:23:20 by playmovictorian »
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline A Little Lady

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 10:43:12 »
Love the snooker table. i bought a mini one non playmobil that the people could just play with.

Did you change the wallpaper as well?

i havent changed that much in my victorian house, ive got a room thats the bathroom, a junk room, maids in the bedroom, wedding party outside on the main balcony, some security people on the roof, royal kitchen and a conservatory where the fellas hang out (but a baby has invaded their space lol).

Alexis
hello im a little lady and im a playperson

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 17:19:09 »
I love the Victrola.   :wow:
CARPE KLICKY!