Author Topic: Victorian customizing on Ebay UK - hit and miss...and a rarity  (Read 15968 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: Victorian customizing on Ebay UK - hit and miss...and a rarity
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 16:47:11 »
Yes, she does sell it too.

And by the way, do you know that I stayed up until 01.00am to load and post these pictures as I knew you would all enjoy them !!!

Even after a 12 hours shift 8}, I made a comitment to post them on playmofriends  :yup:!!!

Karim ;)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Janice

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 17:11:24 »
Karim,

As always you never cease to please and overwhelm!!  Thanks for the sharing of the wonderful talent that you have; and have found in others!!   :love: You certainly have renewed the interest in the Victorian theme.  I'm on eBay trying to complete this theme and it is a bit of a challenge nowdays.  :o
Janice

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 17:13:07 »
Thank you Karim for your commitment and generosity! :wow: It is amazing how many wonderful things we would miss if other members did not take the time and effort to collect them and bring them to our attention.

Gepetto

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2009, 05:57:33 »
Hi Everyone  :wave:

I hope that you are all well.

I have just received the windmill and I have checked that everything is complete, but my world, what a careless Seller when it comes to packaging...

A old box of crisps, not reinforced, items loose amongst crushed newspaper...a disgrace  :o!!!

I have once sent back a mansion because what I received then looked more dumped than packed :'(...

I know I won it for 26.00 pounds and 7.00 pounds postage which was a bargain by all means >:D, but I do not think that it impacted on the packaging at all. I just think that the Seller is unfortunately very sloppy when it comes down to packaging.

I have been on Ebay for nearly six years and bought hundreds of items and I must say that I have only experienced 3 to 4 very bad packaging : the mansion which was dumped in a box, covered with dust and stains, a pair of Victorian Ladies which had to take a 3 days bath in a scented shower gel water as they were intoxicated with smoke >:(, a mirror which came broken and this box covered in cellotape with the angles opened and ripped. So not so bad as all the other items I purchased were perfectly wrapped and I sometimes even received depending on the season a card or a small box of chocolates :yup:.

Now that I have got my hands on the windmill, let see if I can work some Playmovictorian magic :) today and the final result in pictures to follow before listing it on Ebay this evening at 07.00pm UK time.

And my packaging will be nothing short of perfect, as it should 0)

Have a super week-end Playmofriends !!!

Karim ;)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 06:24:29 by playmovictorian »
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2009, 11:36:35 »
The auction will be called "a day out in the Cotswolds" and the setting will be one of the most picturesque villages of the Heart of England : Broadway which is famous for his nice restaurants, Cotswolds stone buildings, thatched roofs, manicured gardens, summer fairs and now...its windmill  :lol:!!!

Pictures to follow...

Karim ;)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2009, 13:40:17 »
For all my Playmofriends, the pictures as they are being taken...

Work in progress as the interior of the windmill is not accessorized yet but I know Gepetto :wow: likes to see how I come up with ideas :yup:...

A day out in the Costwolds

Karim ;)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 13:56:40 by playmovictorian »

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 18:58:41 »
Hi Guys  :wow: !!!

It took me 6 hours, 2 cups of coffee and 2 large slices of freshly baked Apfelstrudel, not to forget 119 pix, a painful selection, but here is the final approved result...a perfect summer day out in the Cotswolds sitting under the shade of large trees and indulging in ice creams and tea with cakes next to a picturesque windmill...

Please do let me know what you think...

Have a great week-end !!!

Karim ;)

A perfect Sunday in the Cotswolds.

Where has the Cream of Victorian Society disappeared to on this glorious Sunday afternoon ?

Hyde Park is surprisingly quiet and even the Tea Lounge at the Ritz is deserted...

The answer to this puzzling mystery can be found leaving Victoria Station every Sunday afternoon at precisely 1.30pm : the Cotswolds Express.

Hyde Park's Upper Crust is flocking like birds to a tiny and very picturesque village called Broadway in the Heart of England.

The Cotswolds rolling hills, lovely thatched cottages, scented gardens, stone bridges also attract aspiring Painters on a Sunday like this.

An Artist is at work at the Honeysuckle Windmill today while our fashionable Victorian Friends are indulging in ice creams and cakes to die for while discussing the latest Transatlantic gossip after an afternoon of picking flowers and full baskets of juicy cherries...I think his name is a certain Auguste Renoir ? No doubt he has some talent, but certainly not enough to make his name into History...

« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 21:31:42 by playmovictorian »

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 20:43:29 »
Very nice!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2009, 22:17:06 »

OMG. :wow:

Your dioramas and photos just seem to get better and better each time. I'm in awe. 8-)

Really don't know how you could bear to part with this lot, Karim. It's absolutely gorgeous! You certainly have a knack for creating atmospheric scenes.

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2009, 23:43:10 »
Karim -  :wow: 

Thank you so much, again, for sharing your creations with us and posting these wonderful photos.  To echo so many others, you have truly revived interest in the fabulous Victorian theme.  Your beautiful and unique scenes are an inspiration to all who view them!   :clap:
U.S.A.      Massachusetts