Author Topic: OK, who greased the handrail on my slippery slope?  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
OK, who greased the handrail on my slippery slope?
« on: May 09, 2011, 21:08:28 »
I've just taken quite a tumble  8}

I believe a few weeks ago I promised myself I would not spend any more money on Playmobil before the Christmas sets were released, and in any event not before I had sorted out the house post-builders AND especially, cleared my newly constructed Playmosurface in my "new" Playmoffice of all the books that I am supposed to be putting on the bookshelves above (it's my work library so they need to be in some sort of order, hence my dallying!).

I had to do a little tiny order from Playmobil the other day, though. Four underwater motors because we are getting fed up transferring the one we have from boat to boat (and amphibious vehicle). But that didn't add up to the £50.01 I needed to spend to get free P&P so I bought a skip lorry (as I always know when Isaac really wants something as he improvises with what he has already got, and he's stripped down his 4418 Dustbin Lorry and is using a small box on the back as a skip).  Still didn't quite add up so I bought a 7844 Red Sportscar and a bag of Castle Treasure (7371) to top it up.

Today I just had to have my regular little look on EBay for the 3237 red car in any condition as I need a windscreen.  Found one, but unfortunately it was with the silver 3162 "getaway car" (which we already have) and what looks in a very badly lit photo to be a 3261 red amphibious vehicle. Oh dear, three items in one lot!  Folk we obviously having their tea at that time as I won that little lot without any fierce battles.  So I thought, what else has this seller's child grown out of - yellow taxi, hmmm - click, mini digger, click, cement mixer, helicopter, 2 quad bikes, fire engine, tracked vehicle of some sort, fire chief's smart car all "with minor parts missing", click), 23 Klickies (a few with no hair), click.  My life is flashing before my eyes now as I tumble down the slope ........ anyway my haul totals 12 lots from four sellers, mostly vehicular (and best of all I've got my coveted tow truck now) and all from children who have "grown out" of their Playmobil  :( :'(  It's going to have a good home here  :)

There'll be photos eventually.   Meanwhile, having wandered back and forwards to the computer every x minutes and x seconds over the last four hours I think I should go and get on with some domestic duties before bed otherwise beloved will be unimpressed when he returns from a 12 hour shift in the morning and has to pick his way through today's debris  :-[

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Re: OK, who greased the handrail on my slippery slope?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 21:15:41 »
That's a lot of purchases! :D

I think my personal record was 10 lots all from the same seller :-[

On a similar note, it really annoys me when a seller splits up a collection, but parts and figures for the sets are spread acroos multiple auctions, so I think I have to buy all of the lots, but just can't be bothered and don't buy any :lol:

Btw, if you need any parts for any of your new vehicles, I may be able to help :)

Damo :)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 21:18:05 »
 :picsplz:

Offline Alison01326

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 21:20:36 »
Thanks, Damo, I may take you up on that if there are any parts wanting which I can't get as spares.

These were separate lots, ie not bits and bobs of things spread across several lots although I think there are a lot of parents out there who obviously don't play with their kids because they have no idea what goes with what where Playmobil is concerned the "I think it's all there" brigade. I could have been quite happy to stop at winning the first lot, or even the second.  But I must have had a lapse of reason, It's one of those things - you don't expect to win everything you bid on, but sometimes there just seem to be periods of time when all the other bidders seem to have abandoned their computers.

I totally forgot that my van is having a whole new stainless steel exhaust fitted tomorrow  :o :-[

Offline Alison01326

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 21:22:22 »
:picsplz:
You will, but I've got to wait for everything to arrive and hide it in the loft, then I have to get it out of the loft to check it to give feed back , then I have to hide it in the loft again, then I have to wait for his Lordship to be at school for long enough for me to take photos.

I was just thinking the other day, that I have a lot of stuff up there that has never been photographed.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 21:27:04 »
Congratulations on your great triumph, Bad Mum! :clap:
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 21:28:56 »
That is quite a spending spree Alison! well done!  :clap:

you don't expect to win everything you bid on, but sometimes there just seem to be periods of time when all the other bidders seem to have abandoned their computers.

They must have been busy bidding on the things I wanted this evening - I lost three lots I wanted!  :'(

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Alison01326

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 21:33:06 »
Congratulations on your great triumph, Bad Mum! :clap:
Why, thank you Sir  ;D

That is quite a spending spree Alison! well done!  :clap:

They must have been busy bidding on the things I wanted this evening - I lost three lots I wanted!  :'(

Elaine
I hope it wasn't any of the things I won, Elaine!

I don't know the final P&P cost but I "only" spent a tad over £100 on my haul, which isn't a bad average in my opinion (that's what I'm telling myself).  Still a lot of money, but I've spent more on less in the past  :-[

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 21:42:37 »
I can understand your love/hate logic when it comes to winning at auctions. Enjoy your new haul with your little one  :woohoo:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 21:46:42 »
I can understand your love/hate logic when it comes to winning at auctions. Enjoy your new haul with your little one  :woohoo:

She needs to 'fess up to her little one about all of the other items she's still hiding in her loft! :lol:
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!