Author Topic: 3Ø79 Space Station, et el, V. New “Future Planet Series.”  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
I am still looking at the late ‘9Ø’s Space Series with much sadness at it’s end. But, ¿are parts possibly still available for those sets? I know ‘some’ are (for example, that big display screen in 328Ø “Alien Control Center” is a helicopter pad used in several other sets), but there are some that I’ve never seen outside those sets (such as the computers, rods, etc).
Any advice would be appreciated…
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 3Ø79 Space Station, et el, V. New “Future Planet Series.”
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 17:31:27 »
I never got an space set from that theme, apart from the alien pod. I have no clue if they are available, but I have come across many parts on ebay, but very rarely a complete set. I too hope one day to get the whole theme.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 17:33:22 »
If parts are all you are after I would suggest finding a auction that the seller did not assemble the set. IF it states "I do not know if it is complete" those are the best ones. These auctions usually go for inexpensive amounts and the station had a lot of parts. I tried ordering specific parts years ago and they were all discontinued. I then just started buying loose sets and now have 3-4 complete stations for a fraction of the original complete set cost. Some sellers try to sell the station MISB for hundreds of dollars  ::)
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 17:39:19 »
Back then I only had one or two space klickies. Those huge platform shoes they wore killed the theme for me :hmm:. I find the modern stuff more attractive, specially the loose astronauts.

Still, of the Future Planet series I think I'll only go for the walker/mech/exo-skeleton. I think I'll even try to weaponize it 8-).
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 20:21:52 »
there are a few in some toy stores here in Buenos Aires, but to get it here would not be a good deal for you, sorry.

I have seen some parts on ebay but never saw the laien control center, wether used or new. sorry.
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 14:00:05 »
I really like the Aliens. It would be nice if they could come back as an add-on with the new space theme coming out.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 09:40:36 »
with the new space theme coming out.

:no: :no: :no: :no:

.. A futuristic theme yes it is BUT not a space theme , there are no spaceships, no deep space probes or vehicles etc , all these sets are ground and atmospheric only, no space or whatsover. I really think playmobil got it so right with the Plaympspace series in the early 80s, and they enjoyed a big sucess they were around for over a decade. Thn these horrid looking spaceships came out lokking like GI Joe and MAsters of the Universe spaceships with the system x building blocks makign the space station a very weird lokking set, and then the aliens which looked interesting but lacked a proper base and spaceship, seemed to me they were an incomplete set/ job from the start. And now those ugly avatar like robots and stations , a new theme not space but literally grounded that lacks originality and character if you ask me . Much better were the exploration sets of the Plaympospace with the space vehicles ( 4 sizes incl a space station !!! ) and the ground research vehicles and robots , twice as good and educational as these ugly new sets !!! Shame really the values that Playmobil space sets had ( exploration, unity  astronaurts of different coloured uniforms workign together ) are no longer there and playmobil looks more and more like some chinese cheap toys ... Playmobil should have created more realistic spaceships with hybergenic sleep chambers, AI computers, robots , antennas , smaller spaceships , un manned exploration probs and then an alien race with features of a civilisation  like their own art and dwellings, own design spaceships and language /symbols and create really the sets for a peacful ' First contact' . I am really dissapointed with these avatar like sets, avatar is old news already and i doubt these sets will last more than a season the most .....  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 11:41:22 »
There's still a 3079 space station in my local toy shop!

I have seen others on my travels

Damo :)