Author Topic: before and after  (Read 5222 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
before and after
« on: April 03, 2011, 08:26:20 »
My obsession with my modern theme project moves forward...

This was a 4442 car (attachment 1 before) picture, which I found on Baden's ebay page... sorry Julian, I had not thought of taking a ''before'' picture and this one was the best I could find on the internet...

I took it appart, removed the printed on patern with a lot of rubbing, on which I used standard paint remover, 95% alcohol solvent, kitchen and oven cleaner, you name it....  8} 8} 8} Don't let your kid do anything like that the fumes are quite bad...

After that, I used a water based colour spray to paint the interior seats and the lower chasis part (attachment 2, after)

Once again I got in a hurry and the spay created a crust in some parts of the chassis... so if and when spraying with such a paint spray, remember, spray in layers, briefly, let it dry and then spray again to cover any parts you missed...

Hope this was useful!  :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: before and after
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 08:35:04 »
Looks the sort of car Giorginetto's Mafiosa would drive - it just needs the darkened windows. 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 08:42:59 »
Looks the sort of car Giorginetto's Mafiosa would drive - it just needs the darkened windows. 

:lol: :lol: You are right Gordon!

However, I wanted it to be a VIP car... Saddly the darkened winshield from 4321 - Car in Tuning Workshop does not fit this chassis... and I have not found a solution to the open roof either, as the 4321 roof does not match the 4442 chassis either...

« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 08:54:20 by Wolf Knight »

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 09:09:02 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 09:11:41 »
:lol: :lol: You are right Gordon!
However, I wanted it to be a VIP car... Saddly the darkened winshield from 4321 - Car in Tuning Workshop does not fit this chassis... and I have not found a solution to the open roof either, as the 4321 roof does not match the 4442 chassis either...

Very nice work Sir Wolf looks like these new mat black sports cars .... , I have been looking for a Le Mans Playmobil car for ages - prefer the white one rather than the red etc, if anyone sees one and dont want please let me know, playmocars are fantastic, the mafiozo one i pictured some time ago is awesome ( i have two ) and i am looking also for a red one. They look like a Ferrari 348 in fact i think their style was based on it

:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 12:36:05 »
Nice! Maybe you can use colored plastic separators for you windows and windshield. Like they sell for dividing folders?
Just a hint. Hope it helps.
A.
Life in the so called space age...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 12:37:28 »
Nice! Maybe you can use colored plastic separators for you windows and windshield. Like they sell for dividing folders?
Just a hint. Hope it helps.
A.

Its a good hint Arnaud, but I am not a very able craftsman, so I'll leave it at that...

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 12:41:17 »
Looks much better not, more serious.
You want it as a passenger car or more of a sports car? If you want something sportier you could paint some go fast stripes on it (pretty easy to do).
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 13:01:52 »
Plain passanger car Luciano. VIP as I said  ;)  . Maybe for a mayor or something...

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 13:33:31 »
Then it looks fine as it is .
Cheers!
Luciano