Author Topic: Motorbike Accident (A Small Story)  (Read 7465 times)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Motorbike Accident (A Small Story)
« on: April 14, 2007, 17:39:21 »
Hello  All

Well it has been a long time since i last posted pictures of my Playmobil but seeing as the weather is good and i have some new vehicles to try out i thought i would give it a go. I decided to leave the fire engines out this time and go for a  medical emergency of sorts so without further ado here is the story.

At 10.15 this morning a motorcyclist was involved in a collision with a taxi. All eye witnesses stated that the motorcyclist overtook a tractor and ran into the taxi which was in front. It is believed that the rider of the motorcycle did not see the taxi until the last minute, unfortunately the motorcyclist who suffered serious but non life threatening injuries does not remember what happened. A passenger in the taxi suffered minor whiplash in the accident. Police accident investigators carried out an examination of the scene and a report is pending.

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Re: Motorbike Accident (A Small Story)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 17:41:48 »
A First Responder is on the scene within 5 minutes and checks out the rider for any serious injuries.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 17:55:32 by Tim_w »

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 17:45:54 »
Not far behind are the police and two ambulances. *Note the differences in uniforms of the ambulance crew's, we are currently doing a trial for new uniforms*.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 17:58:46 by Tim_w »

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 17:48:23 »
After assessing the casualty and checking for any spinal injuries it is deemed safe to remove his helmet and very carefully load him onto the stretcher. A police officer is called on to give a hand.

While this is going on the passenger in the Taxi has been assessed for whiplash and also removed from the vehicle.

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 17:53:52 »
Finally both casualties are loaded into the ambulances for transport to the local hospital.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 18:05:07 by Tim_w »

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 18:01:40 »
Hello All

Thank you very much for taking the time to look at my latest pictures :)9. It was a bit of a trial putting the story together but i think it worked out in the end :lol:. Stay tuned for the accident report which will follow soon. I will either post the pictures here or in my gallery.

Kindest Regards  Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 18:04:18 »
Nice, compact story, Tim, and well-illustrated.  Thanks for showing us it.

I see you've already invested in the ambulance car and the ambulance! ;D

Look forward to the accident report.

(The motorcyclist must have been going some to smash his bike up that badly!)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Outback

• The Original Playmo Jeep Guy!
  • Playmo Fanatic
  • Everything Playmobil Jeep!
    • Jeepmobil is being revamped - but there's Jeeps here!
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 02:20:19 »
Thanks Tim, I've been waiting for one of your stories again. Loved the detail and very well staged photos.

This story particularily strikes a memory nerve with me as I have been witness to the results of a very bad m/c accident years ago (severe neck injury - I think it was broken - very gruesome actually). Anywayyyy....

It made me nervous of riding and I ended up giving it up a few years after the incedent. I had a fully restored psuedo police equipped Triumph 650 Bonneville that I spent two years restoring from the frame up and then only rode for a few months before giving it up as I couldn't get the image of the accident out of my head causing me to rethink my choice of vehicles.

However, no worries, your story had a better outcome than my former reality - so it's all good ;)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 13:35:32 »

Thanks for another GREAT photo story, Tim ...

It would appear from the skid marks that the "eye witnesses" may not have given the police very good information.

The rear end of the wrecked motorcycle shows scrape marks on the pavement suggesting that the point of impact was after the taxi slammed on his brakes

The scrape marks on the pavement from the rear end of the wrecked motorcycle and the skid marks from the taxi seem to tell a different story than the one given to he police by the "eye witnesses."

The motorcycle scrape marks move away from the taxi at it's present position. The skid marks from the taxi appear to have occurred prior to the point of impact with the motorcycle.

Had the motorcycle hit the taxi after overtaking the tractor, the taxi would have continued on past the point of impact and the taxi's skid marks would have begun after (rather than before) the point of impact.

The motorcycle scrape marks and the taxi skid marks suggest a different story than the one told by the "eye witnesses" ... BTW, who were these "eye witnesses' ... the half asleep tractor driver, the whiplashed passenger and the "lost" taxi driver?

A motorcycle is a very maneuverable vehicle with excellent visibility. Had the taxi actually been "hidden" by the tractor (which is highly doubtful), the motorcycle driver would have had sufficient time to correct his error (especially since there doesn't seem to have been any oncoming traffic).

However, if the motorcycle was passing the tractor and then, suddenly, the taxi driver slammed on his brakes (because he missed his turn or an animal darted out in front of him or he dropped his coffee in his lap), then there would not have been sufficient time for the motorcyclist to react.

Unfortunately, although the taxi driver probably caused the accident, the law states that you must have your vehicle under control at all times and it would seem that the motorcycle driver did not anticipate the abrupt stop made by the taxi driver.

Well, that's my "police" report, Tim ...

Please tell us what really happened ... ;)

All the best,
Richard

Offline Outback

• The Original Playmo Jeep Guy!
  • Playmo Fanatic
  • Everything Playmobil Jeep!
    • Jeepmobil is being revamped - but there's Jeeps here!
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 14:26:10 »
Unfortunately, although the taxi driver probably caused the accident, the law states that you must have your vehicle under control at all times and it would seem that the motorcycle driver did not anticipate the abrupt stop made by the taxi driver.

But I heard that in Playmo Law, it is always the Taxi Driver that is at fault. Even if no Taxi is involved the closest Taxi driver is your man and must charged with the incedent.  ;D

Or did someone mis-inform me?   :hmm:

:lol: