Author Topic: Jeepmo Creek gets itchy!!??  (Read 4816 times)

Offline Outback

• The Original Playmo Jeep Guy!
  • Playmo Fanatic
  • Everything Playmobil Jeep!
    • Jeepmobil is being revamped - but there's Jeeps here!
Jeepmo Creek gets itchy!!??
« on: March 10, 2007, 17:34:27 »
Kinda sorta, but in a different way than you are thinking.  ;)

The weather has been nice the last couple of days here and Spring Fever is beginning to hit the residents of Jeepmo Creek. The populus is getting itchy to play. Wonder what they do when the sun shines and the snow starts to melt?

See the start of it HERE.

Part 2 TBA...

Enjoy!   8}

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: Jeepmo Creek gets itchy!!??
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 18:31:27 »

Great fun, Dunc!
(And, great photos!)

Thanks for sharing.

All the best,
Richard

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 21:15:11 »
Great story and photos and thanks for showing it, Dunc.  Look forward to Part 2 the second.

I like those quad bikes, although I must admit mine have done little other than occasional races through the hall and into the dining room, hopefully leaping such obstacles as the carpet edge where wood floor ends and carpet starts.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Outback

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 05:24:58 »
Thanks Guys. I like those quads also and will be trying to incorporate them more into my stories. I just need to buy the Police one now, for the local mountie.

Actually Gordon, I have raced mine also. Do you find that one is quite a bit faster than the other? Or is it just my set that is speed impaired?

Quick additional note --> Part two is now available. Click the link bottom of page one.

:wave:

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 09:53:05 »
I love to see klickies getting outside and having fun in the fresh air! :D

Hmm... perhaps I should let mine out once in a while too...

Outback is quite the daredevil when he's behind the wheel of a jeep.  :o ;D

Thanks for the pics, Dunc!

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 10:38:02 »
 :)
great pictures outback.
spring is also arriving to portugal. no melted snow though.
when i went to fetch my motorcycle on friday from the mechanic i saw an old honda trike that i thought you would like (just like the one in the picture attached).
seeing it somehow confirmed spring.
i don't know if playmobil ever produced off-road trikes. it would be a good idea for a custom if they didn't.
they were fairly dangerous to ride. a clicky would have no problems with it though.

:)
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 11:23:29 »

Actually Gordon, I have raced mine also. Do you find that one is quite a bit faster than the other? Or is it just my set that is speed impaired?

I find that one accelerates faster but the other, with a long enough run, usually catches up.  I can't remember which is the faster without some test runs, so I'll try and fit something in in the next few days or so.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Outback

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 15:33:56 »
Hi Cachalote,

Those trikes are actually restricted here now due to to beig determined unsafe / unstable. Too many unsupervised kids got hurt so now they are banned. You don't see them much anymore. No retail place is allowed to sell them anymore. Only private sales are permitted and quads have taken over the market.

Gordon, I think it is my black/yellow one that is the slow quad, but you are correct, it does seem to catch up having a slow to start acceleration. I always thought I got a defective one. The other one just takes off and runs.

Sylvia, these are for you...

The real Outback out Jeepin last spring. The rabbit is my mascot, he comes on all runs with me. It began as a joke because the club calls my Jeep the Rubi Rabbit, and it stuck.  ;D

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 12:36:16 »
Sylvia, these are for you...

The real Outback out Jeepin last spring.

Er... maybe this is a silly question, but how can you tell how deep the water is before you're actually right in it?! :o

Or is that all part of the fun? ;)

Thanks for the extra photos! :)

Offline Outback

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 16:52:23 »
LOL Sylvia, good question.  :lol:

Actually, on that run we sent the biggest Jeep first to check depth and bottom. Then the rest of us followed one by one. It was headlight deep in the middle with a drop as you went in. As long as you maintain momentum and keep the water pushed ahead of you like a boat bow wave, you should be ok.

This crossing actually has a fairly solid bottom of hard clay and stones. It's the entry and exit where the trouble is in the soft mucky gumbo.

Other times we will poke with a stick or walk into it first to check. Generally thoiugh a crossing of this type being on a fairly well travelled trail would be crossable most of the year with the exception of perhaps very early spring during run-off.