General > Trains!

4052 loco with PRR tender

<< < (2/5) > >>

Junker Jörg:
Glückwunsch zu diesem Neuerwerb. Wie Du schreibst, ist der Kupplungsbügel am Tender leider oft gebrochen. Liegt vermutlich dran, daß Tender und Lok auf schmutzigen Gleisen gegen- statt miteinander fahren und der Bügel als schwächstes Glied zuerst nachgibt. Eine Stromverbindung Lok-Tender sollte das Problem bzw. die Gefahr eines neuen Bruchs verhindern.

Die Fehlteile sind leider vermutlich schwer zu beschaffen. Sie sind auch so selten, daß ich sie noch nie in Resin gesehen habe. Aber vielleicht läßt sich über 3D-Druck was machen?

Great deal, congrats! That coupling loop unfortunately has a disposition to break as loco and tender tend to work against one another on dirty tracks. Loco running tender stopping make the loop the weekest part an give in. An electric connection between both motors can reduce that risk.

Those missing parts might be hard to come by. Often gone, rarely looked for and therefore unlikely to be resin-made. But maybe a 3D print might be possible to an acceptable price?

jj:

playmofire:
I've been thinking that if glueing the coupling loop back on to the tender doesn't work, then I might fit a couple of "eyes" to the tender (screw them into a bit of wood between the two walls of the tender to help spread the strain) and then join them with a length of wire so that the tender will move on bends as it did with the original coupling loop.

If you scrool down the page here:

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/1-CHEMINEE-blanche-impression-3D-pour-locomotive-playmobil-4001-kamin/202283132329?_trkparms=aid%3D444000%26algo%3DSOI.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20170221122447%26meid%3Dce438ccf0d1f4accb35a20e8ebcdc878%26pid%3D100752%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D202283132322%26itm%3D202283132329&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982

there is someone who makes 3D printed items for Playmobil, but not, as yet, the parts I need.

Junker Jörg:

--- Quote from: playmofire on May 07, 2018, 12:19:42 ---I've been thinking that if glueing the coupling loop back on to the tender doesn't work, ...
--- End quote ---
I'd say don't meddle with glue but mend with a screw  ;).

I asked a tinsmith to make me a matching strip of sheet iron to fix with screw and nut. That works fine.

jj:

playmofire:
Yes, screw not glue sounds good advice.

I've managed to remove the clear plastic holder for the bulb on the tender, although not 100% successfully.

After removing the motor, it was fairly easy to prise the body off. The wires for the bulb have been soldered to the tags on the motor which didn't help too much.

Levering and pushing didn't work getting the bulb holder out and eventually a bit too much levering led to a loud crack and the main part of the unit came out, leaving the top lens still in. More pushing on that didn't work, so I decided to give the tender body a wash and scrub in warm soapy water and, lo and behold, the top lens suddenly slipped out! It is repairable and I'll see how that works. And I do have a spare bulb.

The previous owner has soldered some electronic gubbins into one of the wires to the lamp, I guess to protect it. I'll take a photo when I get back from my holiday.

Tiermann:
I am also missing the tank cover off of mine, as well as one of the front baffle panels.  3d printing may be the future on these as we get farther and farther away from when they were in production.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version