Author Topic: Cleaning up, and decide what is leaving and what's not...  (Read 4923 times)

Offline Amd

• Amdnrao
  • Playmo Lover
  • back to middle earth
Cleaning up, and decide what is leaving and what's not...
« on: October 09, 2012, 21:38:58 »
Well like the subject says, cleaning up,

i've been collecting playmos for 7 years now, and even when i don't buy as much as i used to i haven't clean much either.

my main theme is medieval, although now i have trains, victorian and western...

a few years back i sold most my victorians and my western, i do remember big lots of union soldiers and a few victorian houses gone... suddenly i have 3 victorian houses back and some western, never sold my conferate ones...

also a few years back bught this big lot of trains with playmobil  RC and LGB  from a kid, 1000 dlls, i told my wife, i'll sell the LGB (3 complete sets) the RC tracks, and i'll make 1000 back, and ill keep my playmobil RC trains and the brass tracks... i still have some cars, and some tracks, and lots of the sis X station and modern building...

i used to live in a apt, and keep my playmos in a storage, now i got a house but haven't fix my garage and haven't cleared up space...

i know for sure, all modern have to go... cars, buildings, clicks, etc also my beloved eskimos, and arctic explorers...

its going to be a long process but i'll be letting you know guys!!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Cleaning up, and decide what is leaving and what's not...
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 00:33:55 »
Look forward to hearing more.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 00:51:36 »
that damn ocean is in my way  :lol: all those themes are music to my ears.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 00:54:33 »
that damn ocean is in my way  :lol: all those themes are music to my ears.

And what ocean is that, Ras?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 00:58:05 »
And what ocean is that, Ras?

That's what I'm wondering.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 02:44:05 »
Yeah, if there's an ocean between you and him, there must have been a major earthquake somewhere! :giggle:

Anyway, looking forward to hearing more!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 04:34:49 »
ooops, Yes I see now that Amd is not in Europe like I too quickly assumed  :-[ Its always my luck all the big collectors who are thinning out are over there  ::)

I looked it up and he is in Southern California  :P  :wave: :wave: :wave: Umm I am in northern California and could easily go visit my wifes family in Santa Barbara or LA  ;)

Yeah, if there's an ocean between you and him, there must have been a major earthquake somewhere! :giggle:

Ha ha, you do not know how many people think this will someday happen  8}
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 07:40:25 »
Well.... I'm interested (I really shouldn't be, but.. eskimos and artic do that to me!)

Still.. think hard if you REALLY wanna let them go.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 08:47:23 »
If you are going to let it go, its best to leave it in the hands of someone who cares about it as much as you do.  :)

Maybe you could keep one theme apart from medieval, personly I have both medieval and pirates.

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 12:54:14 »
With all the great themes, it is very easy to stray and pick up more than you feel comfortable with.  It sounds to me like you have made a good start in decision making.  The first step is always the hardest.  I have to agree with Rhalius.

If you are going to let it go, its best to leave it in the hands of someone who cares about it as much as you do.  :)

I think finding a good home will make letting them go a lot easier.
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway