Author Topic: What would you be willing to spend on set 4199?  (Read 3334 times)

Offline lavandiere

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: What would you be willing to spend on set 4199?
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 20:39:26 »
I believe this is still on the shelves of some toy store here for around 20 euros or so...

This is why I am going to wait a few more days to see if my Mom finds it.

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 09:39:58 »
They have it on sale at playmobil.de for only 15€.

I guess it will be on sale at playmobil.com some day for a similar price... :)

best,
socrates

P.S.: It's a nice set! I like it a lot. :)
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline lavandiere

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 16:20:04 »
They have it on sale at playmobil.de for only 15€.

I guess it will be on sale at playmobil.com some day for a similar price... :)

best,
socrates

P.S.: It's a nice set! I like it a lot. :)

It's not on Playmobil.com anymore. It is a retired set. Gives me hope that it can still be found in Europe though. ;)

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 17:28:25 »
I would say that's a fair price.  It's not inflated above the regular price and you do have to pay for shipping costs (not just postage - but the packaging, etc). 

I agree with you, though.  It is hard to pay full price for any Playmobil sets and I am not sure if I can remember paying full price for any sets.  Well, maybe I did for my oldest daughter's 5300 but I bought pretty much all the furniture sets for about half price at Winners.  Oh!  I also paid full price for a whale deep sea explorer special set from Costco last fall.  I have more time than money, so I wait.

Not to mention there is more Playmobil than I can afford so even if I only buy the sale items I can find then that's good. 

I do find patience to be a virtue in practice, not just in theory, and it has paid off just to wait.

Offline lavandiere

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 21:17:53 »
I do find patience to be a virtue in practice, not just in theory, and it has paid off just to wait.

So funny you said that! Earlier today I bought that set new on ebay for $38.50 shipped! I had a $15 ebay gift card so I ended up paying $23.50 for the set! The box is opened but the clear packages inside are sealed. Can't wait to receive it!! I think I'm going to give it to my oldest daughter for Easter. :)

So glad I waited and did not buy it from that online store!