Author Topic: Afrikan Klikies Faces  (Read 6909 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: Afrikan Klikies Faces
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2010, 13:42:38 »
How many people are not liking the direction this topic is taking? It's when members are being defensive about a topic, it brings it to the attention of the moderators.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2010, 13:55:47 »
Ok ... but where does it stop?

(I know I said I wouldn't contribute more posts to this thread, but here I am again  ::))

I mean: let's take the Roman Arena, because there's a review of it in this very section. Why don't we ask for the Roman Arena to be banned, since it's the place where Christians were slaughtered in ancient times. Should I, as a practising Christian, be offended by the inclusion of wild animals in said playset, the same wild animals that would torture and eat Christians? Should I voice my concern? Should I ask for it to be banned?

I'm not saying it to take the p** you know, I'm just bringing forward a very valid example of something which we might take for granted but which at the end of the day represents persecution - by a state (Rome) - against a minority (early Christians). It's a bit like having a concentration camp playset, if you want to stretch things a bit.

I - as a non-black person, but as a Mediterranean type (not exactly Aryan, I am sure you will agree) do not find vaudeville characters offensive, but that's just me. What I do find offensive (even though I am 100% sure the member in question did not mean it that way), is statements like: 'I sincerely hope PM employs black people', however.

Why? Why cherrypick black people out of the whole human race? As token gratitude for being a race that was persecuted in the not so distant past? I have no problem with employing black people if they're great at doing their job, whether as janitor, or production line operator, or engineer all the way up to chairman ... but employing someone just because he's black is something that I find very offensive - like these govt boards where you have to have a woman or a disabled person included just because it's PC to do so.

Like I said, I am CERTAIN the poster in question did NOT mean it that way, but it is such an attitude that offends me the most, as a member not of this forum but of the whole human race.

I hope I don't come across as blunt, or as annoyed (I am quite happily munching on a hamburger right now), but, you know ...

(and yes, I do think we should discuss such issues every now and then. you can't discuss peg legs and ebay bargains ALL the time: we collect toys, and we like it ... but we're adults first of all.)

:) :) :)

"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2010, 15:18:03 »
At this time I have locked this topic while it is under review. Please be patient while the moderating team investigates the PM's received about this subject.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2010, 17:20:34 »
I really have to urge you all to reconsider this rule of our forum:

6. Posts that contain racial, ethnic, religious, sexist, sexual or sexual innuendo, or any other discriminatory or inflammatory content will be deleted without exception. Such posts do not show respect (see Item #1), and those who post them risk suspension from PlaymoFriends.

All of you have been very careful and polite so far, and your discussion has been more than considerate and mature and the moderating team thanks you for that. But to avoid an eventual conflict we have to end this conversation here!

Thank you all for your understanding.