Author Topic: UK narrow boat AKA river boat  (Read 2786 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
UK narrow boat AKA river boat
« on: July 25, 2022, 17:23:07 »
Now that we got the Austin mini, the Bobby helmet , perhaps someday a double decker bus …I’d love to see a river boat also known as a narrow boat

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Re: UK narrow boat AKA river boat
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 20:02:54 »
I never knew narrow boats were a British thing!

Sylvanian Families did one back in the 90s. I think this would be a great set for Playmobil to make

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 03:14:49 »
Great idea!  Traditional style?  I'm from an area where the Trent & Mersey canal covers, so we get a lot of them around here. The Sylvanian one is lovely!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 14:19:18 »
I did not know or ever see the one from Callico Critters

Very nice , wow !  on the prices

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=calico+critters+canal+boat&_trksid=p2380057.m4084.l1313
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 14:54:53 »
They have new ones for a lot less than silly eBay prices on the UK site: River Canal Boat

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2022, 17:57:24 »
Narrow boats are canal boats not river boats, and not all the boats used on canals are narrow boats.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2022, 02:18:07 »
Narrow boats are canal boats not river boats, and not all the boats used on canals are narrow boats.

Not all firemen are men. Some are females . Not all females were born male. “Fire people” sounds like a gaggle of arsonists . “Water people” is more accurate

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2022, 06:14:20 »
Water people sounds like people who live in the water, not on boats. They might even be merpeople.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2022, 09:13:38 »
Not all firemen are men. Some are females . Not all females were born male. “Fire people” sounds like a gaggle of arsonists . “Water people” is more accurate

I'm not sure of the relevance of this post, Ras, but here's more information on narrow boats:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narrowboat
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2022, 16:44:20 »

“A riverboat is a watercraft designed for inland navigation on lakes, rivers, and artificial waterways”

So a “narrowboat” is a specific type of “riverboat”