Author Topic: Series 10-Ladies.  (Read 8139 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Series 10-Ladies.
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2016, 10:34:36 »
I'm not arguing any further about it, but the Fi?ures were purchased from 2 separate stores and the codes were the same.

That would open very interesting possibilities! Easier to check a number against a list that putting the grab on the packs... Especially since I'm not handy at it (besides very rarely finding the darn packs in the first place!)

Lately, I only managed to successfully grab the gladiator (uhm.) - and that is because of that rididulously innappropriate PERFECT shield... I never managed to id the guitarplayer..

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2016, 10:53:24 »
I only managed to successfully grab the gladiator (uhm.)

;D

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2016, 16:23:26 »
I suspect the codes are the same for a production run, or a production day. At some point they do change, because some of the same figure definitely have a different code. The real question then is if you can rely on a particular code to always be that specific figure or if sometimes the code is shared among different figures.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2016, 21:59:54 »
I do trick nr. 2, because although trick nr. 3 works well, I always feel very self-conscious standing in the toy shop feeling the packages  ;D

Me too! The person who runs our one local toy shop is very keen on interacting with customers (read: pushy) and I have to take another family member with me if I want to fondle a few mystery figure bags, someone to distract her. Even my children find her pushy....

In the early days of mystery figures, some people reckoned you could tell the figures apart by weighing the bags, but I bought a case of Series 4 and found this wouldn't really work. Too many of the bags were almost identical in weight and the presence of extra parts in a few bags is a further complication. Anyway, taking a small digital weighing scale into the local toyshop is also not something I could find myself doing...

Anyone tried X-rays? Mind you fondling the bags does work, with patience- I got the Series 9 ghost, 2 Napoleans and a Native American (which I thought was the dwarf  :() before I lost my nerve with the Pushy Lady and parted with some cash...

Perhaps I should try being more confident and have less British reserve.   :lol:
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2016, 01:29:23 »
I'm lucky because the staff at my local toy shop know me because of Kirkbean Playmobil Festival and don't mind me standing there feelings the bags - probably because of the custom I bring them.
The only comment I usually get is "Oh Mum, not again" from my son!!
Unfortunately they haven't had any new bags since series 8 but when I went in today they had series 10 (don't know what happened to series 9).
I was in a hurry so only managed to guess a few but I'll go back next week for another go.
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2016, 09:28:38 »
Ah, the rewards of fame! Pushy Lady asked me if I am a Playmobil fan, showed me the 2016 catalogue and told me they could get anything from there in 4 to 6 weeks. Unimpressed, I only bought one mystery figure. Last of the big spenders!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2016, 13:16:04 »
Ah, the rewards of fame! Pushy Lady asked me if I am a Playmobil fan, showed me the 2016 catalogue and told me they could get anything from there in 4 to 6 weeks. Unimpressed, I only bought one mystery figure. Last of the big spenders!

4 to 6 weeks? She's going to have a hard time competing with the internet.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2016, 10:28:52 »
Yup, I could WALK to Zirndorf and back in that time!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2016, 14:39:19 »
 :lol: the perfect holiday destination