Author Topic: 5598+5599 Figures 9  (Read 12821 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 5598+5599 Figures 9
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2015, 15:37:02 »
  5. Granny

The hair is a very nice touch, the short skirt has LOADS of potential. Shame about the heels. I FREAKING NEED more of those legs without heels!

The old fashioned glasses are nice as well, though on the first look she looks like she has a mask.

The torso has beautiful printing in front, but this new idea of printing the sides because of the jackets mostly sucks. It makes the torsos need a big clean before being used as something else. Especially in the figures, it should be avoided. I'm wondering if they missed the figures concept, or if maybe I got it wrong?

The jacket is that newer version - it fully covers the torso - oh goody. As opposed to the armpits, the bottom of the torso no longer needs to be painted to match the jacket.

I don't think I had noticed this before, but the pirate in Series 4 had the same type of jacket (saw it recently when taking proper pics of that series).

6. Ballerina

Another ballerina. Nice one. Also beautiful from the back.

But no accessories at all. :(

7. Stewardess

A very nice looking klicky. She has really beautiful colors.

Her torso makes me feel like gathering 10 or 20 of them and making some sort of army!

8. Winged Fairy

The klicky exists, I believe in several sets. Please.

And one of them was like this:

They need to get their act together, really.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2015, 15:38:05 »
  9. Catwoman

Interesting idea. Though.. why not in black? And if in red.. why aren't the legs red as well? At least the boots.

The torso is gorgeous, also without the neckpiece..

The torso printing on the first we opened was messed up. Unfortunately, this is a recurring problem.

10. Fencer

Very nice :)  Before we only had male fencers, so she is a great addition to them.

Not very usual lately, her hair is a simple bun.

11. Skater

The mandatory grown up in full diapers, in the girls too. Horrid. But she has a beautiful torso, and after fixing the legs, I'm sure she'll be great. Not fond of the hair either, but again, easily fixed.

The skate is VERY heavy. I hadn't noticed this before. Maybe to make the klicky stand on it better? It's not really a gorgeous design.. but we have far too many skaters - it's probably a national sport on playkingdoms!

12. Samba Dancer

Quite unappropriate for a kids toy, imo, but ripe with potential. Shame about the freaking ugly shoes.

The wings look great, offering very needed variety. However, they are NOT transparent as they looked (at least to us) in the pics... That was disappointing. Still, they are gorgeous.

The torso is beautiful in the front, with the back a bit lacking.

And that's a wrap... kept ones later. ALMOST there.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 16:56:48 »
Thanks for the detailed pictures!

I already got the ones I wanted from a Dutch place where they had all of them.

Went with the dwarf, the mongolian and the gladiator.

Gladiator is alright, personaly I find it disappointing that he does not come with a bronze arm guard to match the helmet. Also covered legs instead of greaves like other gladiators. I just dont really picture gladiators to wear pants so I might just make him some sort of barbarian which he seems more suited for.

The Mongolian is certainly a very nice clicky though his back equipment is a bit of a mess with the large sheathe and the quiver. Great bow though, I did not have one like that yet. And he can certainly be used in many ways with that beautifull outfit. Give him a beard and remove his weapons and he can be a wizard or noble.

The Dwarf is certainly a great clicky as well, his torso is a roman one it seems, which might allow it to be used to give a bit of a green theme to a roman officer.

A bit disappointed by the female figures though, some nice ones there but not for my themes. And I do try to get more female clickies in there since these days its only men for those themes.

Offline doug

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2015, 17:23:42 »
Nice break-down as always, Tahra.

Our jealousy that you find these 3 months earlier than we can is mitigated by our improved ability to cherry-pick, based on your detailed pix.

Thanks

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2015, 17:33:48 »
Went with the dwarf, the mongolian and the gladiator.

The mongolian is great... well, the gladiator too (after fixing, starting with that stupid hair+head!)

A bit disappointed by the female figures though, some nice ones there but not for my themes. And I do try to get more female clickies in there since these days its only men for those themes.

We just have to make our own   ::)

Our jealousy that you find these 3 months earlier than we can is mitigated by our improved ability to cherry-pick, based on your detailed pix.

Nothing to it - I preorder them from Germany.

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2015, 17:34:38 »
Wow Tahra, what wonderful pictures and commentary!  Thanks so much for an up close view of everything.  My favorites are the Ranger, the Pretty Doctor and especially the Granny.  I think she would be right at home in my 5305.  The Gladiator looks as if he could do double duty as the circus strong man.   :)

Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 17:37:06 »
Gah - forgot to answer this (I blame my old age!):

Gladiator is alright, personaly I find it disappointing that he does not come with a bronze arm guard to match the helmet.

He does!

My favorites are the Ranger, the Pretty Doctor and especially the Granny.  I think she would be right at home in my 5305.  The Gladiator looks as if he could do double duty as the circus strong man.   :)

I really like the granny too. And you are right about the gladiator for the circus! But we don't really know what to do with that theme.. so I'll try not to add MORE to it  :-\

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2015, 17:51:01 »
The dwarf's legs are new - at least the color (= the old green) is one that hasn't been produced before....just fyi
 ;)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2015, 17:55:09 »
The dwarf's legs are new - at least the color (= the old green) is one that hasn't been produced before....just fyi
 ;)

Really!? Maybe I should get glasses  :-[

I'll recheck. I didn't put them side by side  :-[

Thanks!

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2015, 18:37:15 »
Thanks for the close look!