General > Trains!

can the rc trains 4020 go up inclines?

(1/1)

missangel:
i have attempted very little at this (time constraints)  but is there a particular pitch anybody out there has had success with?

thanks in advance!

Richard:
We're not ignoring you, MissAngel !!!

Most of the "train collectors" here at Playmofriends still use the original electric trains, rather than the battery powered RC trains. So, most of us have little, if any, information about the Playmobil RC trains.

If you would also rather use the electric trains ... LGB makes a fantastic "cog railway" that can take on almost any incline. They also make a wonderful Aerial Tram !!!

LGB is completely compatible with Playmobil !!!

All the best,
Richard

missangel:
i'm in deep trouble if i start heading for electric trains, cant start another addiction 0).

i think i am going to just make different elevations  for the train to "pass thru" and maintain an almost level grade. 

i am building a large scale playmo board (a corner of my basment) and REALLY it's for my daughter (16 months old) in a few years.  i'd rather keep it simple enough so it's a little more trouble free for her.

thanks for the suggestion!

Angie

Captain Henry:
Simple is definitely best I think, when it comes to railroad layouts. I am in the process of clearing space in my basement for my own railroad empire, and each set of plans I come up with is simpler than the one before. In addition to creating less headaches when it comes to laying track and wiring, it leaves more space for scenes featuring the rest of the Playmobil we have.

My plan is to have two loops, each at its own different level. So there will not actually be an incline since each loop is self sustained, although there will be a high line and a low line.

Good luck, and please keep us posted as you progress. I plan on making a run to the lumber store this weekend, so hopefully I will have some photos to share soon.

Richard:

--- Quote from: Captain Henry on July 01, 2006, 01:28:33 ---I plan on making a run to the lumber store this weekend, so hopefully I will have some photos to share soon.

--- End quote ---

Looking forward to seeing those photos, Cap'n Henry ... :toot:

All the best,
Richard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version