Author Topic: Ayuma Series  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Ayuma Series
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2021, 20:03:33 »
I think with a lot of painting and switching around these sets will be quite useful for dioramas . I’m not a fan of all the pastel colors but love the concept
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2021, 20:09:13 »
I've just received set 70799 from Germany (UPS managed that task), but as it's a Christmas present for Mrs. GrahamB* I will have to sneak the box open in a reversible and totally deniable way to confirm your eminently sensible suggestion, Tiermann.

If I go quiet on the forum for a few days, it will be because my sneaky box opening has been discovered and punished. (Only joking, she's a sweetheart really...)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2021, 03:01:20 »
To judge size notice that the base of the big tree looks to be the same mold that was used for 4460 - Easter bunny Tree-House and builds on top of that. Someone who has it can confirm perhaps?

Raven may be able to confirm this as she has bought ALL the Ayuma sets  :omg:  :picsplz:

I don't have the Easter Bunny tree house though!

I started assembling the Ayuma sets at 03:30 in the morning (couldn't wait!), and the light was too bad for my poor photography skills, so I gave up on taking photos.  I did take a snapshot of it all when I finished, though (complete with an invading Dragons' Fishlegs and a cat in a box):

And also one of the huge amount of cardboard I then had to wonder what to do with.

The big sets are packaged with boxes inside the boxes.  (And numbered bags, like Lego.)  Nicely organised, but lots of cardboard waste.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2021, 08:39:08 »
Woo hoo! Great pics, Raven! What a lot of card!

I managed to sneak a look at the building instructions for 70799 (not available online yet) and the base is the same as the Easter bunny house.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2021, 10:11:44 »
Ha!  I didn't think of simply looking up the tree house's part number!

No brains.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2021, 12:02:52 »
I started assembling the Ayuma sets at 03:30 in the morning (couldn't wait!), and the light was too bad for my poor photography skills, so I gave up on taking photos.  I did take a snapshot of it all when I finished, though (complete with an invading Dragons' Fishlegs and a cat in a box):

:o  3:30?! :o

They look so great all together...  :love:
(except those pink roofs - WHY?)

Can those be disassembled?

And also one of the huge amount of cardboard I then had to wonder what to do with.

The big sets are packaged with boxes inside the boxes.  (And numbered bags, like Lego.)  Nicely organised, but lots of cardboard waste.

This is going from bad to worse. The numbered bags IS a good idea, imo, but the rest.. 

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2021, 13:17:20 »
The pink roofs can be removed from the white parts underneath them - though I'm not sure what one could replace them with. I took out the pavilion; not because it has a pink roof, but because I didn't want a telescope/observatory there.  And I couldn't hang the owlery on the other side, unless I removed the swing.

Mr Raven's favourite colour is pink (he even has pink clogs...), so I've got quite fond of the colour over the years!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2021, 18:29:03 »
The pink roofs can be removed from the white parts underneath them - though I'm not sure what one could replace them with.

I am worried about putting it away...

I took out the pavilion; not because it has a pink roof, but because I didn't want a telescope/observatory there.  And I couldn't hang the owlery on the other side, unless I removed the swing.

I am tempted to paint the darn thing - I mean.. can it get worse?  ::)

Mr Raven's favourite colour is pink (he even has pink clogs...), so I've got quite fond of the colour over the years!

:o

It's not against the color.. it's against the color in not appropriate (IMO!) places - like leaves or trees...

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2021, 19:53:40 »
Honestly I'm just here for the sets and animals. Still not a fan of those bodies myself, BUT I'm always up for expanding my fairy dioramas!  :love:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2021, 23:22:02 »
It looks a nicely done theme, the price points on the big sets are just high. The ebsite says the big weeping willow tree has glow in the dark leaves, which is a plus for me.