General > Trains!

Power supply

<< < (2/5) > >>

playmofire:
1kg seems a large amount to add to the tender.  The weight of my 4052 tender with motor is about 1.2kg to 1.3kg, so I would think that your tender with motor would weigh about the same, so adding 1kg is about doubling the weight!

What you found under the tender sounds like a traction tyre.  If you turn the tender upside down and look closely, you may find that on one wheel there is a shallow grove in which the traction tyre fits.

You say you "oiled the tracks", but if you have put oil on the tracks, then you have made them slippery which would mean that the tender would not pull many trucks or carriages.  The oil may also have damaged the traction tyre, causing it to come off, which again means the tender cannot pull well.

savvas:

--- Quote from: playmofire on March 05, 2020, 22:49:41 ---1kg seems a large amount to add to the tender.  The weight of my 4052 tender with motor is about 1.2kg to 1.3kg, so I would think that your tender with motor would weigh about the same, so adding 1kg is about doubling the weight!

What you found under the tender sounds like a traction tyre.  If you turn the tender upside down and look closely, you may find that on one wheel there is a shallow grove in which the traction tyre fits.

You say you "oiled the tracks", but if you have put oil on the tracks, then you have made them slippery which would mean that the tender would not pull many trucks or carriages.  The oil may also have damaged the traction tyre, causing it to come off, which again means the tender cannot pull well.

--- End quote ---

i followed your instructions and indeed the right rear wheel has the grove. Now, problem is that the traction tyre is being cut. i don't think that any glue would be effective under stress, so same piece is useless. Do they sell discrete pieces, where can i find one? Or in other way, how can i replace it with something similar, just to do the job. rubber washers maybe? but it 'd be difficult to find any of the same dimensions  ???

playmofire:

--- Quote from: savvas on March 06, 2020, 13:00:12 ---i followed your instructions and indeed the right rear wheel has the grove. Now, problem is that the traction tyre is being cut. i don't think that any glue would be effective under stress, so same piece is useless. Do they sell discrete pieces, where can i find one? Or in other way, how can i replace it with something similar, just to do the job. rubber washers maybe? but it 'd be difficult to find any of the same dimensions  ???

--- End quote ---

I'll contact you and send you one.

savvas:

--- Quote from: playmofire on March 06, 2020, 16:26:28 ---I'll contact you and send you one.

--- End quote ---

Sir, i live in Greece it would cost some money, if you have any ebay link, that would be appreciated anyhow! :wave:

savvas:
i believe this is:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/PLAYMOBIL-RAILWAY-TRAIN-WAGON-TRACK-LGB-Spares-SPARE-PARTS-SERVICE/201517055951?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=500699443611&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

:love:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version