General > Brainstorming For Playmobil

Wishing for a revival of the Victorian / 1900 Theme

<< < (2/8) > >>

Macruran:
All Sylvanian sets fit into a retro Victorian theme. (there are no cyberpunk Sylvanians). Compared to PM, Sylvanian is all one theme.

Oliver:
That's sort of my point - you can't really be adding to a theme if you only ever made one theme - in fact, the town sets are being billed as a big new development

playmofire:

--- Quote from: Macruran on April 15, 2018, 20:10:38 ---All Sylvanian sets fit into a retro Victorian theme. (there are no cyberpunk Sylvanians). Compared to PM, Sylvanian is all one theme.

--- End quote ---

Not all, there are two 1950/1960s cars in the range, a Morris Minor and an Austin A40 and a more  modern one, maybe based on a Peugeot, a mini-bus type vehicle and camper van and an ice cream van.

Macruran:
Right, and the point is that PM has (had) a theme that they could continue doing for a long time. The Victorian theme. That's what they should/could have been doing all along. Is my point.  :wave:

Giorginetto:
Back in 2011 I bought 10 victorian houses and lots of victorian sets ( see my vid in my youtube channel) and i have to say its one of the best themes/collection ofsets that playmobil ever created. I am sorry to say but in my opinion today's sets pale in comparison to the quality, attention to details, aesthetics and ethics of the old sets  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version