General > Brainstorming For Playmobil

What could they do with the next batch of pirates?

<< < (4/6) > >>

Janilew:

--- Quote from: klickyklack on March 06, 2020, 05:13:03 ---Love the idea of a ghostly shipwreck! (I know nothing of the controversy being relatively new here).  I don't have the 4801 > 4806 sets, I really like the idea of them, but the execution was definitely lacking.  The whole theme has a lot of potential though.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely! I'm a sucker for ghosts and there's plenty of ghost stories involving pirates. And the "controversy" is more like some people liking them and thinking they're cool, and the others saying they don't belong and was a waste. I personally think it's just odd to have them with sea monsters and I think that's why they failed, or at least weren't popular. I wonder if I can squeeze an organ in there somewhere? I've always wanted an actual organ from Playmobil, complete with sound.

klickyklack:

--- Quote from: Janilew on March 06, 2020, 13:07:47 ---Absolutely! I'm a sucker for ghosts and there's plenty of ghost stories involving pirates. And the "controversy" is more like some people liking them and thinking they're cool, and the others saying they don't belong and was a waste. I personally think it's just odd to have them with sea monsters and I think that's why they failed, or at least weren't popular. I wonder if I can squeeze an organ in there somewhere? I've always wanted an actual organ from Playmobil, complete with sound.

--- End quote ---

I bet there are loads of cool maritime myths & stories they could draw on. 

I'm not so keen on the glow in the dark element on the ones they did before, but the clear light on one looks (at least from photos) really neat (& I already wanted him, so this post is not helping my klicky lust at all :lol: ). 

If they did spooky ghostly see through light up pirates I would probably be inclined to add another sub-collection.  Some of the first sets I ever bought in the late 90's/early 00's were 4572 & 4603 & they're pretty much all I have pirate wise, so I'm sure they would love some spooky companions.

Janilew:

--- Quote from: klickyklack on March 06, 2020, 14:40:25 ---I bet there are loads of cool maritime myths & stories they could draw on. 

I'm not so keen on the glow in the dark element on the ones they did before, but the clear light on one looks (at least from photos) really neat (& I already wanted him, so this post is not helping my klicky lust at all :lol: ). 

If they did spooky ghostly see through light up pirates I would probably be inclined to add another sub-collection.  Some of the first sets I ever bought in the late 90's/early 00's were 4572 & 4603 & they're pretty much all I have pirate wise, so I'm sure they would love some spooky companions.

--- End quote ---

I lucked a got 4572 with the ghost dinghy on ebay. Had no idea how rare he was until I looked it up!  :o

klickyklack:

--- Quote from: Janilew on March 06, 2020, 16:56:31 ---I lucked a got 4572 with the ghost dinghy on ebay. Had no idea how rare he was until I looked it up!  :o

--- End quote ---

Is he? Which one is the ghost dinghy?

Janilew:

--- Quote from: klickyklack on March 06, 2020, 20:40:22 ---Is he? Which one is the ghost dinghy?

--- End quote ---

It was a separate item altogether (5901).
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4141/4927671245_43b7b44056_z.jpg

While I'm here, this is an idea I've had for a while and may or may not be Moby Dick. I feel ties into what I've been talking about.
https://hlootooart.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/IMG_9227.jpg

Surprised it was never made before. Everybody knows tales about that one killer whale. This one's based off their sperm whale like the one from 4489 https://www.klickypedia.com/wp-content/uploads/setsimages/4489-back.jpg and it  has notches to place weapons in order to appear wounded. The tongue has little bumps to seat two klickies, and, best of all, it can spout water! I also decided to extend the rowboat for four oars rather than two. Ad HARPOOOOOON!

Edit: Might scale it up a bit to differ it from the normal whale.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version