Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 199838 times)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #2450 on: May 23, 2021, 13:07:52 »

It is our Friend Emma Jane who was the first person to mix Sylvanian Families and Playmobil a decade ago

As a child of the 80s, I can confidently say that there is a much longer history of mixing Playmobil and Sylvanian Families  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2451 on: May 23, 2021, 14:30:24 »
As a child of the 80s, I can confidently say that there is a much longer history of mixing Playmobil and Sylvanian Families  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too true.

We didn't have Sylvanian in the 80s, but surely bought them in the late 90s or early 00s (ebay!) , specifically to use with playmobil..

After all, the Queen's favorite bread is Sylvanian..

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2452 on: May 24, 2021, 08:02:51 »
Thank you so much dear Friends  :wave:

You have brought a smile on my face  :lol:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Klicky_Ghost

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2453 on: May 30, 2021, 05:25:10 »
playmovictorian,

Each time I scroll through your pictures, I see new things to fall in love with!  :love:  Such a highly detailed world, one can tell you've spent a lot of time agonizing over each little detail! Are all of the food items Sylvanian? They go so very nicely with the Playmo-world. I love the idea of taking pictures of figures with fresh blossoms—a really beautiful effect that shows off the figures well. I really like all of the custom accessories on all the grand ladies; it makes them look authentically Victorian. Love the picture of the ladies riding in the carriage.

Are the two boy figures in the "cooking class" pictures customs, or did they come with a set? Same question for the white apron with red trim worn by the shop girl.
We get up at twelve and start to work at one, take an hour for lunch, and then at two we're done.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2454 on: August 02, 2021, 18:09:28 »
Thank you so much dear Friend  :wave:

I do apologise for the delay in replying to your post but I have been beyond busy in real life and did not have much time to dedicate to my little victorians.

Most of the food items are custom made, some by myself and of course, a few are from Sylvanian Families.

The pictures of blossoms were taken on a sunny but rather windy day here in Marlow and I cannot possibly tell you how many times I have picked up and posed again the little figures, often ending up holding the branch still in my hand while taking the picture with the other  :lol:

If you take a look at the last picture I took this afternoon of my little victorians holding balloons as if they were about the fly, you may not be aware of the times either the balloons or the figures fell before I could finally take a picture. I went as far as holding my breath for a few seconds while taking a picture in order to avoid extremely light accessories to be blown away...

Thank you so much for following my creations  :wave:

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2455 on: August 02, 2021, 18:20:36 »
Good afternoon dear Friends  :wave:

I hope that you are all well and enjoying this rather peculiar summer which saw us experiencing temperatures up to 35o celcius in London and then a cool and rather wet kind of autumnal weather.

My little Victorians have been rather quiet over the past two months but I really wanted to share with you this little postcard of a picturesque little picnic ending with a magical mini balloons fun take off.

I will do my very best at being more present on the forums and I wish you and your family a happy summer and happy holidays to those whoe are lucky enough to have some  :love:

Your Friend Karim :gent:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2456 on: August 02, 2021, 18:33:00 »
Love the hat on the horsy on the first pic! :love:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2457 on: August 02, 2021, 19:54:15 »
Thank you so much dear Tahra  :wave:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2458 on: August 04, 2021, 03:46:53 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

I hope that you are all well.

In this peculiar summer with such a temperamental weather, the sun is still shining generously on Regent St where Heidi and Clara enjoyed afternoon tea with a little menagerie of animals leaving Miss Rottenmeier apoplectic with anger  :lol:

Karim :gent:

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2459 on: August 04, 2021, 04:42:02 »
That's so colourful and beautiful.  And I love all the flowers.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn