Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 203792 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #2440 on: May 19, 2021, 07:53:54 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

I hope that you are all well and enjoying Springtime and the reopening of the cafes, pubs and restaurants we missed so much.

I have been busy creating a little garden here in Marlow as well as a new Instagram account.

My ever happy little victorians have been celebrating Springtime on New Regent St and I invite you to discover their latest tribulations  :D

Masterchef the Playmobil Way

Making Strawberry Ice Cream the Playmobil Way ( my new avatar :)

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2441 on: May 19, 2021, 08:01:09 »
A celebration of Ellen Mirojnick creator of the costumes of the Bridgerton Netflix Serie

Last ever picture of Titanic on her way to her fateful journey

Celebrating Springtime on New Regent St

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2442 on: May 19, 2021, 08:07:58 »
A very stylish Easter celebration with the compliments of Mrs Applepie

Celebrating the Downton Abbey 2 movie currently being shot at Highclere Castle

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2443 on: May 19, 2021, 08:14:14 »
Celebrating the 95th birthday of our gracious Majesty !

Mr Chester Platt invented the Sundae Ice Cream in 1892 in Ithaca, New York

Long live the Space Odyssey ( Space X Mission lead by French Commander Thomas Pesquet )

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2444 on: May 19, 2021, 08:15:53 »
La Vie en Rose !

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2445 on: May 19, 2021, 08:18:50 »
On a little cloud of Apple Blossom !

A trio of Victorian Beauties !

Celebrating Springtime on New Regent St !

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2446 on: May 19, 2021, 08:22:05 »
Welcome to the little world of Playmovictorian !

In 1907 the General Omnibus Company decided to paint its London buses in red to stand out from competitors and the rest is history

The Art of Travelling in Style in 1900 !

Wishing you all a happy and healthy Springtime  :wave:

Karim

Offline Klicky_Ghost

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2447 on: May 19, 2021, 21:30:58 »
Oh my goodness, playmovictorian, your photos are simply stunning! :o I'm in love with this vibrant Victorian world. What a visual feast! Such creative customization combined with immersive setups. I'm in love with all the customs, of course, but I would kill for that My Fair Lady figure alone.  :love: What a beauty! I feel that I really, absolutely must have the gentleman in the long topcoat outside of Harrods from a few pages back! Also, the whisk.

Thank you for sharing!  :wave:
We get up at twelve and start to work at one, take an hour for lunch, and then at two we're done.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2448 on: May 20, 2021, 09:06:41 »
Thank you so much for your kind comments and enthusiasm  :thanks:

The Playmobil Victorian world is indeed very addictive and colourful and these wonderful custom figures were created by my Playmo Friends for my project. My Fair Lady was created by Elisabeth and the Harrods Doorman by Nicolas  :love:

This project is a work in progress and the buildings I am using are part of the Sylvanian Families Town Series which I love for their distinctive 1900's charm and style, and compatible with the Playmobil scale and figures.

It is our Friend Emma Jane who was the first person to mix Sylvanian Families and Playmobil a decade ago and in 2018 I moved to Marlow on Thames from France, I could bring my figures, vehicles and accessories but not my Victorian Mansions so I got creative  ;)

For those interested by the treatments I apply to some of my pictures such as the painting effect which reminds me very much a children's picture book, it is available from Lunapic which is free to use, and select Art then Beauty with a painting effect with a intensity from 0 to 100% and for the red London bus effect, select Adjust then Color Spotting and red in this instance for a black and white picture to the exception of the red colour.

I must say that I have thoroughly enjoyed joining Instagram as I am learning a lot about creative ideas such as taking pictures of figures in Spring blossom and adding a little touch of sparkle wuth Tuxpi, which is free to use too  :)

I wish you all a great week-end and have fun  :wave:

Karim :gent:

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2449 on: May 22, 2021, 16:11:47 »
Lovely pics, Karim!  :clap:  Your vignettes are a riot of colours.